Well theres a guy that has an o7 expedition bagged on 26s and it donest go down at all now i remember that Steve said that he might bagg his truck now how low can you go if your riding 26s? I know the guy has his siting frame on 30s but how much tubing do you think is invovled ?

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

You can go as low as you have the time/money for fabrication to go that low.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

You can go as low as you have the time/money for fabrication to go that low.

ok what about tubing lets just say Steve wanted to lay frame his stereo is in place and isnt going any where he couldnt lay frame right ?"

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

No way in hell. any suv is gonna have to be tubbed to lay frame on big wheels. So a big stereo Like Steves would not work. It would have to be fabbed around all the tub work.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

No way in hell. any suv is gonna have to be tubbed to lay frame on big wheels. So a big stereo Like Steves would not work. It would have to be fabbed around all the tub work.

Damn =( thats what i thought =(

there would be a nice sized step in the floor also and the tubs would be pretty wide. With that size wheel the rear end would most likely need to be narrowed. Usually a 26 is 10" to 11" wide.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

My 03 f150 with a 06 expedition front clip had to have the inner fenders removed, firewall tubbed a little and the brake booster removed (replaced with hydroboost) to create clearance for 26"s, even then i have to run such a small tire that the ride will be hell. When we mocked it up with the 26's it looked awesome but I haven't decided what to do wheel wise yet since i have a perfectly good set of 22's that I am waiting to wear the tires out on first. 24's are prob what is going on it so i can have more sidewall on the tire for ride quality. You have to think about the hood as well. I could run a good tire on a 26 if i tubbed the hood but that looks horrible so you have to measure from the frame to the top of the hood to see the max combined height of wheel and tire can be without sticking out of the hood.

Also look to see what hangs below the frame if you want it to lay out. I had to replace the tranny crossmember to lay out all the way.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

There is a lot of work involved in laying frame on big rims that most people dont see...not only are the tubs going to be pretty big, but you also may have to cut into the rear doors to get a large rim like that to fit. Also your notch cover in the rear will take up a lot of space. Then there is the problem of relocating a bunch of stuff up front...Lots of work involved. I just saw your PM and figured I would reply here instead...

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

There is a lot of work involved in laying frame on big rims that most people dont see...not only are the tubs going to be pretty big, but you also may have to cut into the rear doors to get a large rim like that to fit. Also your notch cover in the rear will take up a lot of space. Then there is the problem of relocating a bunch of stuff up front...Lots of work involved. I just saw your PM and figured I would reply here instead...

That is right, the stock wire harnesses that came thru the firewall on my p/u had to be relocated, the battery is between the frame rails behind the front bumper now, almost lost the cruise control cause of space. Nothing is as easy as it looks, when you get into wheels over 22"s then all the "vehicle specific" kits have to be highly modified just to work. I would say get it done at Ekstevsive, Killer Ridez or IF Custom if you want it right the first time.

Steel braided air lines or copper line is the best way to go but it gets very expensive and time consuming. Look under the vehicle and see just how much room you have to work with in the back for compressors, tanks and valves, you won't want them inside the vehicle with you. I will see if i can get some pics of my front suspension while i have it apart to show you just how much modification I had to do to lay out and still be able to drive comfortably.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint