AMM-1 Results, whats the best reactive Power Factor you've seen?

So i recently got my very own AMM-1, woo-hoo!!! i finally got around to putting it to use and im wondering what are some results every one else has seen... what im mainly interested in is what is the best/worst Power Factor youve seen. And is there anything you can do, other than rebuilding an enclosure to try and find what is the most efficient orientation, to try and increase the power factor you are seeing.

I recently decided to throw one of my N2s in a single 12" box that is 2.5' and tuned to 36hz i believe. i had built it for a guy who was running 12" L7's but i ended up convincing him to run 4 x SA 8"s so i had the box laying around. i slapped a piece of wood over the square opening and threw the N2 in to see if i could blow it. (this thing is a fucking monster BTW and ive been unsuccessful for about a month of pure torture)

right now i have it hooked up to a DD M3b at .5 nominal, now here is where it gets interesting. Ive always heard tall tales about how neo generally rises more blah blah blah, well currently from 30hz-40hz im only rising to 1ohm reactive, and the highest rise from 20hz-40hz is like 1.4... so i know im beating the shit out of the sub, on dyno mode i clamped around 3800 watts at 34hz. But what i really find most interesting, and wasnt expecting at all, is my power factor is like 95%?!?!?! so i stared to wonder, what is everyone else seeing for there power factor results? so lets hear some stories about the good and the bad :good::good:

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

I don't have an AMM-1 yet :'(

But what do you mean by "what is the most efficient orientation"? Like, direction of subs and port? Center or side port? Slot vs aero? That kind of stuff? Just trying to understand what you meant, cause if its those, I'd like to understand how that would change the power factor. Thanks! Sorry if it's a thread jack.

I don't have an AMM-1 yet :'(

But what do you mean by "what is the most efficient orientation"? Like, direction of subs and port? Center or side port? Slot vs aero? That kind of stuff? Just trying to understand what you meant, cause if its those, I'd like to understand how that would change the power factor. Thanks! Sorry if it's a thread jack.

i meant more towards the size of the enclosure, along with the size of the port, affecting the mechanical compliance of the subwoofer and either negatively or positively helping it stay linear and efficient. the reason i was so surprised is because the power factor is so high, yet by the time i reach full tilt in this enclosure between 30hz-34hz, the sub is bottoming out due to it being right at the limit for maximum recommended airspace, and seeing almost double rated, yet still seeing a very good power factor.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Here's an impedance plot (blue) of my XL12's, along with phase angle (red):

BoximpedanceSweepwithPhase_zpsf79c1e98.j

Notice that the phase angle crosses zero at each tuning point (impedance curve changes direction).

At those points (phase angle is zero) your power factor would then be 1.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

wow awesome graph and info!! I'm gonna have to go and do some more testing!!!!

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4