FourRings Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 Has anyone ever used particle board on test enclosures?I've got to build 3or 4 different boxes for a single 12 and I'm not trying to spend a ton.short term will it compare to proper mdf?thanks
djcue12369 Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 I have... it came out pretty good... I had to use rasen for the inside and a lot bracing.... I always use it to build and sound check an enclosure before I build the real enclosure.
FourRings Posted October 14, 2015 Author Report Posted October 14, 2015 Cool thanks, that's what I figured but I wanted to make sure.When I worked at a shop I didn't think twice about using mdf and the boss was ok about it as long as it was for stuff that we carried.Now that it's for me though it's just a lot of money to most likely toss in the trash.
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 If you want to build for cheap use OSB. It won't be pretty but it will be functional. I've used it for speaker boxes on several occasions. OSB is a lot stiffer than particle board and costs even less. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted October 15, 2015 Report Posted October 15, 2015 OP what's the driver you posted specs for in the other thread?
FourRings Posted October 15, 2015 Author Report Posted October 15, 2015 It's a 12 with a 3 inch 8 layer coil in dual 2 and 4 ohms that I'm testing out.I may bring it to market overseas.Right now I've got one in a sealed box but I've got some more revisions that they need to make because the leads are just a little too small for my liking.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.