Ba55h3ad651 Posted October 21, 2015 Author Report Posted October 21, 2015 Alright I'll do that later tonight
Ba55h3ad651 Posted October 23, 2015 Author Report Posted October 23, 2015 What do you guys think the best frequency on tuning my box should be?
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 25, 2015 Report Posted October 25, 2015 What do you guys think the best frequency on tuning my box should be? It somewhat depends on what kind of music you listen to and the particular sub you are using, but generally speaking tuning to the low 30's works well. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Ba55h3ad651 Posted October 25, 2015 Author Report Posted October 25, 2015 I have to kicker CVR 12s so I was thinking more like 36 or something like that because I know them sub's don't get low not like the other ones
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 25, 2015 Report Posted October 25, 2015 33, 36, it really won't make a huge difference for daily listening. Those subs will get low just like any other if the box is properly designed to do so. Personally, I like to error on the low side with tuning since its harder to damage your subs that way and it generally provides a more even response curve, but to each their own. Keep in mind that output drops off pretty fast below the tuning frequency so it helpful to know exactly how low the music you listen to goes and then factor that into your tuning decision. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Ba55h3ad651 Posted October 25, 2015 Author Report Posted October 25, 2015 Alright thanks a lot now I just need some one help me out with a cutsheet
Ba55h3ad651 Posted October 27, 2015 Author Report Posted October 27, 2015 Can anyone help me out with a cutsheet for 2 kicker cvrs 12" ported to 36hz and I can do 15" deep 40" wide
Joe X Posted October 27, 2015 Report Posted October 27, 2015 There seems not to be enough depth for port back so this, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 1 1&4 wooden dowel rods:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.