Second Skin Audio

DD sub advice.

greezychef

got the equipment in. but the subs are still the 2512's. once i get back down south im swapping them out for 3500's.

my 360.3 came back from RF and they decided not to refurb it, i got a brand new unit. so cool.

My door panels are going to be done at Audio Anarchy in Shreveport eventually so for now its just 1 VO 8 in each front door and the VOb1's in the dash. DD 6x9's in the rear doors.

xs power single battery under the hood for now. going to play around with it today after work to see how it is holding.

Ill try to post a video this evening if anyone is interested.

I would definitely try a new box. I would tune to 36-38 like others have said.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

I would definitely try a new box. I would tune to 36-38 like others have said.

ok. its not the box. everything is as it should be. The problem was with my 360.3

Im playing down to 27-28hz now with enough force to be happy, everything sounds just like I want it. very rich sound quality. very full sound.

as it is now, i got a m2 on 2 2512's, a c3d on 2 VO 8's and a ct sounds 60.4 on 2 vo b1's. will be adding 2 vo b3's and 2 more vo 8's in door pods.

here is my new problem. the batteries we were gonna run wont work because the terminals need to be reversed. lol its always something.

still considering changing out the 2512's for 3512's and possibly "supercharging" them. not 100%. if these 2512's can handle the abuse I see no reason changing them because the sound quality of the bass they make is AMAZING, very warm full sound. I really dont have words to describe them. like really smooth bass with a perfect amount of force to be like a massage from the vibration without being painful to listen to.

very happy with my DD purchases. From every build now on I will only run their VO mids and highs. perfect sound for my needs.

Archived