RCA Outputs

I've been out of the game for a while and can't remember most of the car audio stuff I use to know, I just bought a double din with 2 rca outputs, is that enough outputs to power a 4 channel amp (that'll either have a 2 way or 3 way component system hooked up to it) and a mono amp that'll have 2 12's hooked up to it?

You can make it work, you'll need some splitters to split the rcas and set your crossovers on the amps

But you'll loose faders and EQing options

I'll still be able to use faders/Eq on the head unit to control them correct?

when you say 2 rca do you mean 2 pair of rca output or 1 white and 1 red rca ouput

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

You can make it work, you'll need some splitters to split the rcas and set your crossovers on the amps

But you'll loose faders and EQing options

I'll still be able to use faders/Eq on the head unit to control them correct?

If it has 1 set of rca outputs (ie 1 left and 1 right) you will need to use Ycables on the amplifier to double the rca count.

You will lose your fader from front to back and only have left to right.. However if your fader is more important than adjusting the balance you can swap rcas around so that you can use fader but have no balance.

To properly run a 4channel amp from a headunit you need 2 pairs of rca outputs (ie 4 individual plugs (2 white 2 red)).

You won't need the Y-adapter if your amp has the ability to send the input signal to all of it's channels. The trade off is you won't have the ability to fade front to back. You will only have a balance control.

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

Archived