Sonic Electronix

Best alternator whine/buzzing EVER!!!

Long story short, installed new ppi tweets, they buzz bad even with the car on but engine off, with the engine on however, the buzzing does change pitchs with emgine rpm. Even with the amp fuse pulled on the speakers amp and rcas disconnected at the same time I still get the buzzing/whine What could this be?

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

Obviously it's not the head unit or my eq or the rcas as I still get buzzing, it can't be the voltage regulator in my truck as even with the fuse.pulled it's still.there. I just don't know where to go from here. Thanks in advance :)

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

do you have the speaker wires ran anywhere near the power wire to your amp? the pitch changes because your alternator sends a signal through the electrical system that will match the rpm of the alt. this signal can transfer from the main power wires to any signal wires or speaker wires through the insulation itself. try running all your positive and negative power wires on one side of the vehicle and all your rca and speaker wires on the other side, if this doesn't clear it up, check all your grounding and make sure that they are all on a solid, clean, bare metal area.

do you have the speaker wires ran anywhere near the power wire to your amp? - Power wires are ran separately form speaker wire, Whats weird is it has never done this with any set of speakers ive had. only thing thats changed is literally the tweeters themselves.

Passive crossover might be piking up noise from electrical in the vehicle. disconnect the crossover from the tweeters and see if it stops.

good idea ill try it out

Archived