andrewlicata1993 Posted October 25, 2015 Report Posted October 25, 2015 So I have 2 kicker l7 12s and they rms at 750 and peak at 1500. I have an rep1-3500d, I figure atleast 1750 to both at 1ohm. But its time to build a box. The one I have is done. Anyone have ideas are specs for one? Ive tried searching and im new to the forum I couldnt find anything related. I drive a 96 4 door accord the box would go into the trunk. External port is possible threw the back seats arm rest. Any ideas? I was going to try and do a birch box and just sand it down nice. Ok so this is pretty much how much trunk i have for a box. image hosting no account The box cant really by any more then 16 high if its going to be pushed all the way back.
Joe X Posted October 26, 2015 Report Posted October 26, 2015 Post max dimensions for a box, is that a sealed box? or is just that it's not shown in the pic,
andrewlicata1993 Posted October 26, 2015 Author Report Posted October 26, 2015 There is a port on the drivers side (left) you just cant see it. And ill see if i cant pull it out today and get some numbers.
Joe X Posted October 27, 2015 Report Posted October 27, 2015 You could make something taller than your current box but that's it, do you know the specs of that box?
andrewlicata1993 Posted October 27, 2015 Author Report Posted October 27, 2015 I mean it dont have to be a big build or anything. I just didnt know where to start with specs and port specs. Its honestly a very quick and easy build. But im having trouble figuring out how much room these speakers need and so forth. And i wanna say 33 wide by 16 high not sure how deep. Im just trying to build a correct box nothing speacial. I also dont know if the subs need to be cut off from eachother and connect at the port. Stuff like that. How does one comeup with these numbers? Its about 17 deep
andrewlicata1993 Posted November 7, 2015 Author Report Posted November 7, 2015 Bump. @joe Can you design a box with external ports? And i'd port the box threw the center of the back seat into the inside of the car. so it would be a rear external port. If i give you some measurements? 30x30x16 and around 32 34hz, and would it be worth it? or should i just do a normal port facing the front of the box. Also this is the amp pushing them. It says its 1 ohm stable but I'm unsure what channels to bridge. I just want to make these subs sound there best. also mdf? or birch? I wanted to go birch are there any pros or cons? free upload image image hosting more than 5mb free image uploader
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 7, 2015 Report Posted November 7, 2015 So you want to have the subs fire back and then run the port out the center of the seat? If so, that's probably not going to sound too good. You don't want your subs and your port firing into different parts of the car. Also, just so you know, you probably aren't going to get much more than 800 watts total out of that amp. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Bob Tzimenatos Posted November 7, 2015 Report Posted November 7, 2015 I agree with Triticum. How old are the L7's? Suspension gets soft on those, and a properly tuned box is even more important. Subs firing to the rear, with a side port would be good as long as you have clearance around the port mouth. Those L7's need 2+ cubes apiece. Another option would be one of the L7's in a proper ported box at 2ohms on your current amp. FWIW- my little Pioneer GMD8601 has two 40A fuses also and it's rated at 500w @ 2ohms.
Massivespl Posted November 7, 2015 Report Posted November 7, 2015 Your amp is a 800watt at best amp I'd say. I never like port forward unless u completely seal off the trunk. So either a proper trunk wall or just do ported box facing back of trunk 5cubes tuned to like 32hz would slam on 800watts c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.