BeautyandtheBeast Posted November 10, 2015 Author Report Posted November 10, 2015 I wouldn't think it would
hunter1shot Posted November 10, 2015 Report Posted November 10, 2015 [sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:3102] Bass Heads Unite!
BeautyandtheBeast Posted November 10, 2015 Author Report Posted November 10, 2015 I like but why the post?
BeautyandtheBeast Posted November 12, 2015 Author Report Posted November 12, 2015 So I had the fun of some open heart surgery on my car yesterday, my radio was not a good source for a relay power but therefor I popped my fuse panel out from the side of the dash cut and soldered power from the ignition fuse and ran into a little trouble from drop a bead of sodder into the panel but luckily it came out no problem, I mean I turn my car off and it doesn't shut off what's the problem, but that's all fixed now. Sorry for the slow posting still haven't had much time or money to do much. Should be speeding up soon
bmwking Posted November 12, 2015 Report Posted November 12, 2015 if you're from america and english is your first language, you sound like you're straight out of idiocracy. if not, and english is your second language, then you're doing just fine, and keep working at it!
BeautyandtheBeast Posted November 12, 2015 Author Report Posted November 12, 2015 if you're from america and english is your first language, you sound like you're straight out of idiocracy. if not, and english is your second language, then you're doing just fine, and keep working at it!Well, actually it is my first language. I just don't type like I speak. Though, I will try to clarify, sorry if there was some confusion.
Cardboardcat15 Posted November 12, 2015 Report Posted November 12, 2015 BUT if I didn't go that route just in the cause of tens in the doors invert or no invert I don't know enough about staging and imaging to be definite on whether or not inverting them would be detrimental to the sound. I would assume that since you're wanting to use 10s which are technically a subwoofer, they would only be playing lower frequencies and you would supplement the lost bandwidth from using that subwoofer with some form of a midrange. So perhaps the inverting wouldn't be an issue as long as they're reproducing the 80-300hz range, and you've got a midrange to take care of the rest? The only problem I can see for sure is space issues, and mechanical noise. Those 10's would probably get mighty noisy, specially considering they're so close to your ears. TL;DR not sure if inverting is a good idea, they'll take a lot of room and probably get noisy. EDIT just saw that the freq. response on the type s only goes up to about 200hz. I'd look for a dedicated midbass driver. My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/
BeautyandtheBeast Posted November 13, 2015 Author Report Posted November 13, 2015 BUT if I didn't go that route just in the cause of tens in the doors invert or no invertI don't know enough about staging and imaging to be definite on whether or not inverting them would be detrimental to the sound. I would assume that since you're wanting to use 10s which are technically a subwoofer, they would only be playing lower frequencies and you would supplement the lost bandwidth from using that subwoofer with some form of a midrange. So perhaps the inverting wouldn't be an issue as long as they're reproducing the 80-300hz range, and you've got a midrange to take care of the rest? The only problem I can see for sure is space issues, and mechanical noise. Those 10's would probably get mighty noisy, specially considering they're so close to your ears. TL;DR not sure if inverting is a good idea, they'll take a lot of room and probably get noisy. EDIT just saw that the freq. response on the type s only goes up to about 200hz. I'd look for a dedicated midbass driver. Yeah I've been thinking a lot about lately an hell I may just say f' it and put the tens in my truck but that's a thread for a different day
BeautyandtheBeast Posted November 13, 2015 Author Report Posted November 13, 2015 So in my center console I took a cup that was about 3.5 inches in diamameter and fiberglassed it so I could make a cup holder with plenty of resin I hope that it does not need much body work This my friends is the basis of center console and it will be holding a storage area, switches, and a cup holder. Don't mind the color it was me messing around painting it it will get smoothed out. This is the switch I am referring to which will be wired for amp turn on for bass amps and mids and high amps. Here is where those switches lead to I plan to use the bar as a kind of distribution and the relay is for my windows as note in a earlier post An finally I want to know does anybody else do this or I am I just weird that is a great fiberglass resin brush in a tub of pint thinner, it saves money of brushes because I sure do use plenty.
Cardboardcat15 Posted November 16, 2015 Report Posted November 16, 2015 I never thought about that, putting brushes in thinner. That's a good idea. Normally I just buy cheap shit brushes from harbor freight and toss em once they dry. My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.