Theoretically speaking

What I want to see somebody use is some kind of flywheel technology like what's used in kinetic uninterruptible power supplies. Those things can put out a ridiculous amount of power over a short time frame.

that would be cool but wouldnt the vehicle need to be braking in order for the kinetic system to create electricity. unless youre talking about some other type of kinetic regeneration that doesnt incorporate the brakes. and if that is the way you were thinking, also wouldnt that disqualify you from competing since you would be generating power from a power source that isnt a directly connected to the engines crank, i guess technically through the transverse property it would be "connected" to the engine since the engine connects to the drive shaft, which connects to the axle, which connects to the tires/brakes, but that still probably wouldnt fly.... idk

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

that would be cool but wouldnt the vehicle need to be braking in order for the kinetic system to create electricity. unless youre talking about some other type of kinetic regeneration that doesnt incorporate the brakes. and if that is the way you were thinking, also wouldnt that disqualify you from competing since you would be generating power from a power source that isnt a directly connected to the engines crank, i guess technically through the transverse property it would be "connected" to the engine since the engine connects to the drive shaft, which connects to the axle, which connects to the tires/brakes, but that still probably wouldnt fly.... idk

What I'm thinking of has nothing to do with the vehicle's brakes. What I'm talking about is a separate flywheel that is spun up from the vehicle's regular electrical system. The flywheel stores energy as motion, when you need to get the energy back out the flywheel turns a powerful generator/alternator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flywheel_energy_storage

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived