Pioneer double din avh x4600bt : sub level

Hey my double din pioneer has a sub level from -24 to +6

i was wondering where i should set this to?

im pretty sure it should be at +6 because when its at 0 the gain on amp has to be turned up quite high in order for the subs to play properly OR a lot of bass boost has to be used to make them thump,. but when its at +6 the gain is not turned up overly high and only a little or no bass boost or SLA has to be used..

anyone with this deck or similar deck have any info on this?

thanks

Do you have a DD-1 or Olliscope? I had the x4500 and even before tuning with the dd-1 I was 0 bass level with 25% gain. I highly suggest you tune with one of those.

HU: Pioneer 4100 NEX
Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-10"
Amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-1bd wired @ 1ohm
Front: Polk Audio Components DB6501
Amp: Pioneer GM A5602 wired @ 4 ohm
Rear: Polk Audio Coaxials db651s
(2) OM-1s, (1) VM-1

Do you have a DD-1 or Olliscope? I had the x4500 and even before tuning with the dd-1 I was 0 bass level with 25% gain. I highly suggest you tune with one of those.

you must have a good amp. by bass level do you mean bass boost? im talking about the sub level in the subwoofer section in the audio menu of the HU.. ive researched a ton on this topic and honestly half the people say leave it at 0 and other half say at +6 for full output and it will NOT cause distortion or clipping at +6

you must have a good amp. by bass level do you mean bass boost? im talking about the sub level in the subwoofer section in the audio menu of the HU.. ive researched a ton on this topic and honestly half the people say leave it at 0 and other half say at +6 for full output and it will NOT cause distortion or clipping at +6

No bass boost should be at ZERO.

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

im pretty sure it should be at +6 because when its at 0 the gain on amp has to be turned up quite high in order for the subs to play properly OR a lot of bass boost has to be used to make them thump,. but when its at +6 the gain is not turned up overly high and only a little or no bass boost or SLA has to be used..

thanks

What amp do I have? I have a kenwood HU 5v pre outs and I have my sub out set at zero and my gain on amp is around 11'o'clock... U really need to get a oscope if your worried about it so much. I don't ever use one because I just use my nose and ears. I can smell and hear when something ain't right.

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

4 juicebox 3100s

No bass boost should be at ZERO.

yes it should usually be at 0 but the sub level is a different story..

thanks

What amp do I have? I have a kenwood HU 5v pre outs and I have my sub out set at zero and my gain on amp is around 11'o'clock... U really need to get a oscope if your worried about it so much. I don't ever use one because I just use my nose and ears. I can smell and hear when something ain't right.

not sure how the kenwood sub out works but on the pioneers it goes from -24 to +6..

U need to find someone local to you that can help you. Talking to you on the Internet is like a broken record... If your serious about car audio go buy a $60 oscope mini off eBay.

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

4 juicebox 3100s

U need to find someone local to you that can help you. Talking to you on the Internet is like a broken record... If your serious about car audio go buy a $60 oscope mini off eBay.

Broken record nonsense... anyone with a pioneer will know immediately what im referring to and if the gain should be set at 0 or +6 on the sub level... ill just wait for them to chime in .

Broken record nonsense... anyone with a pioneer will know immediately what im referring to and if the gain should be set at 0 or +6 on the sub level... ill just wait for them to chime in .

The sub out on HU isn't going to magically set Your amp up for a clean signal, if your really worried about clipping u need an oscope to set the HU and then the amp.

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

4 juicebox 3100s

Archived