Pioneer double din avh x4600bt : sub level

U need to find someone local to you that can help you. Talking to you on the Internet is like a broken record... If your serious about car audio go buy a $60 oscope mini off eBay.

Broken record nonsense... anyone with a pioneer will know immediately what im referring to and if the gain should be set at 0 or +6 on the sub level... ill just wait for them to chime in .

I am referring to the sub level on your Pioneer HU, mine was set to 0. I am using a puny RF 500 1bd amplifier. Even before the amp I didn't have any increase on the sub level. Remained at 0, even though I was tempted to increase at time. What amp are you using?

HU: Pioneer 4100 NEX
Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-10"
Amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-1bd wired @ 1ohm
Front: Polk Audio Components DB6501
Amp: Pioneer GM A5602 wired @ 4 ohm
Rear: Polk Audio Coaxials db651s
(2) OM-1s, (1) VM-1

U need to find someone local to you that can help you. Talking to you on the Internet is like a broken record... If your serious about car audio go buy a $60 oscope mini off eBay.

Broken record nonsense... anyone with a pioneer will know immediately what im referring to and if the gain should be set at 0 or +6 on the sub level... ill just wait for them to chime in .

I am referring to the sub level on your Pioneer HU, mine was set to 0. I am using a puny RF 500 1bd amplifier. Even before the amp I didn't have any increase on the sub level. Remained at 0, even though I was tempted to increase at time. What amp are you using?

im using a hifonics x1500 @ 2 ohms 1100 rms to power 2 12 inch JLw3v3s

If i set the sub level to 0 then i have to set the gain real high like 75% in order for the subs to perform OR i have to do things like increase bass boost and SLA to make the subs come alive..

maybe its the amp thats the problem? they sell it for around 170 bucks , so at that price im sure its not pushing out a true 1100 rms @ 2 ohms..

I may have potentially found the problem...

under the hood where the main fuse block is.. the 0 gauge wire looks like half of it is coming out of the fuse.. i will try to take a pic and post later..

Archived