Second Skin Audio

2 fi sp4 18s in 10.8 cubes?

dylan117

hi everyone, im designing a box for my 2000 blazer (4 door) for 2 fi sp4 18s behind the back seats. ive got the box as big as i can get it while still having some back window left. its come down to this, either put them in 10.8 cubes (after displacements) and have the entire box double layered, OR, have them in 12+ cubes but have the box single layered with only a double baffle. which would be better, the double layered box thats below the recommended volume, or the single layered box with just the double baffle thats at the rated air volume if not more. what would be best for daily beatin' on rated power. thanks guys! :help:

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/dc/96286-2x-18-xl-box.html

Can u see this thread over on Caco? My buddy built a box for 2 18s and it did 150db+ on music on a 3.5k amp.

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

no it wont work to its potential.. you need 12 cubic feet at least.. the xl does not compare to Fi audio.. DC subs are made for smaller boxes.. Fi subs are made for normal sized boxed

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/dc/96286-2x-18-xl-box.html

Can u see this thread over on Caco? My buddy built a box for 2 18s and it did 150db+ on music on a 3.5k amp.

dont know how much you have experience but that wont work with the Fi subs.. 2 way different types of subs that work way differently

no it wont work to its potential.. you need 12 cubic feet at least.. the xl does not compare to Fi audio.. DC subs are made for smaller boxes.. Fi subs are made for normal sized boxed

so you think it would be better to single layer with some bracing to give it 12+ cubes as of compared to double layering?

Archived