Second Skin Audio

Need Help!

jerry.perez1

I have a 2007 Honda Civic 4 door, I recently got two American Bass TNT 15 Dual 4 ohm subs, that will be powered by a Hifonics Brutus Elite 2100.d amp wired for a 1 ohm load. The measurements for the trunk are 33" width, 30" depth and 18 inches in height. I need a box to make this work. I listen to rap, hip-hop, r&b music. Can someone help me with a box design?

Well with the dimensions you posted that would give you about 11.5 cubic feet to work with before displacement, i would recommend around 150 square inches of port area at around 24 inches long would put you at 32hz tuned. as far as building the box you could probably get away with using a single layer of 3/4" mdf with a double layer baffle. I'm at work right now so i don't have the time to get on sketchup to mock one up but i could later tonight.

So here is a suggestion on the tighter side, very likely you will need to build inside, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 3/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2xabtnt15.jpg

SFPFNTNoshared_zps7fe1aafd.jpg

So here is a suggestion on the tighter side, very likely you will need to build inside, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 3/4", figure is just an assembly guide:NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2xabtnt15.jpg

SFPFNTNoshared_zps7fe1aafd.jpg

JoeX what if I wanted to go with aero ports?

Archived