Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

12" Aero port install


Recommended Posts

Posted

Wassup guys I'm doing a port swap in the next few days and trying to get opinions/suggestions. I have a box 39.5h x 41.5w x 13.5" d (outer dimensions) with a port 12h x 10w x 40" l which gives me 6.8 cubes tuned at 31hz with 17.75 port per cube. It's just not giving me as much pressure I want on lows. The new port is 12" o.d. Pvc (11.5" I.d.) x 36" l with 2-4" external. This will give me about 8 cubes tuned at 29 with 14.25 p.p.c. I don't have anything to lose, and I'm not building a new box until I design a 6th. So what are your thoughts on what I have now?

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Posted

What subs and amp?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

A Fi Q motor on a 6 spoke 18 basket with nomex spiders and SPL audio recone. And a cheap boss r3400 for now. Yes I know... Boss

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Posted

Well I suppose you have nothing to lose, and it might be an interesting experiment. I wouldn't expect much difference though.

Probably what's holding your performance back the most is you are only using a 1,000 watt amp.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Yeah if that much. I'm just not having th e lows I want now I think because how my port is located. But true don't have much to lose.

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Posted

A Fi Q motor on a 6 spoke 18 basket with nomex spiders and SPL audio recone. And a cheap boss r3400 for now. Yes I know... Boss

The boss amp and SPL audio recone are probably the things holding you back.. Original recone is always better for a Fi subwoofer.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Posted

It also has a different basket so Fis recone won't fit. Spider landing is larger than my fi 12 spoke 18" basket. I don't think I'm having sub problems by far. It's loud in the box I have now on 28 and up but I want to get a lil lower. And yeah like I said it's boss I'm surprised its not in flames @ 1ohm Lol.

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Posted

I say its loud 28 n up. More like 32 n up right now

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6701 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...