scooter99 Posted November 23, 2015 Report Posted November 23, 2015 Ok this could be a stupid question, but so be it. I ask because I know I've seen others do steel cages for their enclosures, Jon Rabe comes to mind first,. Although his had a couple layers of Ply inside of it. My question is, if one was to build a steel cage frame, and the steel was close to the sub motor, would that cause issues with it playing? I can't imagine it would, but I had to ask. I'm still thinking of an off the wall project for an enclosure and I need to know if this will cause an issue. Thanks! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 23, 2015 Report Posted November 23, 2015 I have no experience with steel caged enclosures, however this strikes me as being a case of its technically possible, but in practice its never going to be an issue. Compared to the solid plates there are in the sub motor, there really isn't that much steel in box tubing. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Karkov Posted November 23, 2015 Report Posted November 23, 2015 Some people's metal bracing has become magnetized/polarized because it is so close to their sub motors but I have no idea how it affects anything if at all. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
scooter99 Posted November 23, 2015 Author Report Posted November 23, 2015 Thanks guys. I can't imagine it would really have much of an effect, but it's just a theory that popped in my head thinking about a project. I appreciate the input. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.