SCATHED Posted November 26, 2015 Report Posted November 26, 2015 Hey guys I have a single cab f150 and I need help with a ported box design. The sub is an Fi SSD or an Fi BL (12") and the amp is a Crescendo bc2000d and it will be wired down to 1 ohm. I listen to mostly dub step and rap and I would like to use an aero port or multiple aero ports. Need suggestion on box size and tuning, as well as port size. Here is the available space I have to work with (but can go smaller obviously) Width: 40 Height: 19 Top Depth: 6 Bottom Depth: 10
khinds94 Posted November 27, 2015 Report Posted November 27, 2015 Lol man. That's less than .7 cubes gross volume. You either need to get more space. Use a sealed enclosure with a 10" sub. Or buy an 8" sub and go ported 03 Sable LS AA mayhem 12" D2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1 Tantric HD 12" D2 Tantric SHD 12" D1 Sundown X12 V2 D2 2.5 cu net Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm XS Power XP2000 Sky High Sound Deadener Sky High wire Stock alt
Alex Leonard Posted November 27, 2015 Report Posted November 27, 2015 Woah! Need way more space for that
SCATHED Posted November 27, 2015 Author Report Posted November 27, 2015 Lol man. That's less than .7 cubes gross volume. You either need to get more space. Use a sealed enclosure with a 10" sub. Or buy an 8" sub and go portedLol my bad I edited the original post, that's roughly 2.5 cubes but I can obviously go smaller Woah! Need way more space for that Lol my bad, edited the origin post to show width
Joe X Posted November 27, 2015 Report Posted November 27, 2015 So here is a suggestion (on the tight side) if you have the needed port clearance, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide:
SCATHED Posted November 27, 2015 Author Report Posted November 27, 2015 Wow thanks Joe! I gotta ask though, why add a quarter inch to the dimensions? For instance, for too depth, why 6.25 instead of just 6? And why 10.25 for the bottom depth instead of just 10? Just curious is all. Also, is the box volume you listed the volume after port displacement? You the man Joe!
Joe X Posted November 28, 2015 Report Posted November 28, 2015 You're welcome, to gain internal volume without changing much the outside dimensions and yes, it's net internal airspace what's listed (after all displacements).
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.