Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay to be blunt what type of electrical upgrades would i need for a up and coming SPL vehicle? I have a new Powermaster 200Amp alternator installed and a Optima Yellowtop. is the alternator gunna be good enough for about 4000RMS watts? If needed how many Dry cells? i have 1/0g ran for the power would one more strip of 0g be better for power transfer? Sorry for so many ?'s thanks for any help! if needed, i'll tell the details...

Derp.

Posted

Youll need drycells anyway. that alt can barley push 2000 watts without backup power.

Car-96 blazer 4 door

Amp- Us-Amps M2D2

Front stage- Infinity Reference Comps 6.5

Subs- Undecided open to all offers and opinions

You had to have it all

Have you had enough

You greedy little bastard

You get what deserved

When all is said and done

I will be the one

To leave you in your misery and hate what you have become

Posted

thanks for that bit of info! and sorry for posting this same topic twice what brand of drycell do you suggest?

Derp.

Posted

I use Kinetik batteries, with a little more power draw than you have and a 200amp alt i am OK with 3 hc2000 in the bed of the truck and a hc2400 in the front. Can't wait to see if the MLA alternator regulator works like they say. If it does than all my electrical probs will be solved. It also doesn't help that I have 80 amps of current draw when my 4 compressors are running.

For your setup, prob 2 hc2400's and the MLA regulator if they make one for your alternator will be fine. Just install a volt gauge and keep an eye on it.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Posted

Id get 2 powermaster d3100s for the rear of the vehicle and do a 2nd run of 1/0 power wire...do 1/0 grounds to the frame or ground the rear batts to the front batts,

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 898 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...