bcbrassard Posted December 2, 2015 Report Posted December 2, 2015 Nice looking step up. My son wants something like this in his 94 GMC ext cab.
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 2, 2015 Report Posted December 2, 2015 I have 2 hds208s under my seat 1 cube net per chamber. 2 inch ports. No port noise. Not trying to pick on you, but that's not a ported box. What you have is a leaky, oversized sealed box. You are going to have port compression before you even put 50 watts to that box. Port noise isn't the only symptom of an undersized port, and it isn't always audible. You can't hear the output your are losing due to an undersized port. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
AGuyWithAJeep Posted December 2, 2015 Author Report Posted December 2, 2015 I'm hoping to get a little more than 1 cubic foot per side on mine, reason why I'm fiberglassing the box but 2 3" ports should be decent for it
AGuyWithAJeep Posted December 3, 2015 Author Report Posted December 3, 2015 Alright so before I start building this, does anyone have a better idea as to what I should use to keep the fiberglass from getting on the carpet when I mold the floor of it? I want to find something that can take the shape of the floor but won't let the fiberglass through. My original plan was aluminum foil and just layer it up across the floor but I'm not 100% sure that's the best idea
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 3, 2015 Report Posted December 3, 2015 Alright so before I start building this, does anyone have a better idea as to what I should use to keep the fiberglass from getting on the carpet when I mold the floor of it? I want to find something that can take the shape of the floor but won't let the fiberglass through. My original plan was aluminum foil and just layer it up across the floor but I'm not 100% sure that's the best idea I'm not a fiberglass guy, but usually what I see people use is a layer of masking tape over everything and then they coat it in non-stick spray. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
AGuyWithAJeep Posted December 3, 2015 Author Report Posted December 3, 2015 I never really thought of that but I like that idea! Now I just need to find a non-stick application that I should use.
AGuyWithAJeep Posted December 28, 2015 Author Report Posted December 28, 2015 Alright sorry it's been so long since I've updated. I graduated from college, holidays came around. Bs bs bs, anyway the list of things I have has changed. I've got the 2 AB VFL 8s still, just now i have an American Bass PH4000md instead of the Rockford amp. The weather around here just started getting cold and I'm not sure when I will be able to start glassing the box together, although the front and sides are already made out of 3/4 mdf. The amp will mount right in the center hump part of the box recessed back a little to give it a nice clean look (and there is no where else in the damn truck to put it). The 2 3" aero ports I have will be mounted one on each side facing the doors basically. Also I found this stuff called "Carpet Sheild" which is a self adhesive 24 foot by 2 foot roll of a plastic like protectant for keeping the carpet in your house safe while painting and what not. I figured I may as well try it and see how it turns out while glassing the box. Still haven't got the headunit wired in yet either but I did get my dual battery and big 3 done under the hood I'll try to get as many pics of it as I can when I finally get some nice weather or find a garage that's heated. Hopefully soon because I'm starting to grow impatient ?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.