Jump to content

Pioneer HU Video File Probs, need some help!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I recently purchased a Pioneer avh-x5800bhs Head unit. Love it. But I am having issues converting movie files to play on the HU.

I have tried converting the files to everything under the sun, DIVx, avi, mp4, etc. and no cigar, it will not play from a USB thumb drive. Keeps saying "file is unreadable". What do y'all use to convert your movies?? What format, bit rate, resolution, etc...I've tried every resolution from 480p to 1080p and no dice...bit rate around 1000...about 700-800 meg files converted...nothing. I need some serious help and a run down, I'm fixing to blow a gasket on this!! Thank you very much.

Posted

I'm using mp4 @ 640x360, pioneer h/u's seem to use some silly ass size for video and trying to find the size in the manual isn't the easiest thing to do either.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

All I do is download the music videos from YouTube using keepvid.com that is in MP4 format and copy across on my SD card on my 4100NEX. For those stubborn vids I use handbrake for Mac.

HU: Pioneer 4100 NEX
Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-10"
Amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-1bd wired @ 1ohm
Front: Polk Audio Components DB6501
Amp: Pioneer GM A5602 wired @ 4 ohm
Rear: Polk Audio Coaxials db651s
(2) OM-1s, (1) VM-1

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 898 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...