Second Skin Audio

Ultra Linear Subwoofer-box

alright after people have told me to put a bigger port on my subs im going to finally do it. only thing is i dont know what to tune it to, the company says 60hz. im not sure what that would sound like but really high fart can is what im thinkin. these subs are not all that good, granted i have put them through hell and back and have not ever smelt coil, have distorted before on low frequencies but thats about it.

right now i have two subs per 3-3/4 port (i know really small) tuned to about 35 hz but it sounds like shit, lots of port noise and doesnt pick up and low end, and what it does all port noise. so im going to either tune it to 40 or 45hz. the port will be 4" wide by 9" high, is this enought port area for two subs? thanks everyone.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

alright after people have told me to put a bigger port on my subs im going to finally do it. only thing is i dont know what to tune it to, the company says 60hz. im not sure what that would sound like but really high fart can is what im thinkin. these subs are not all that good, granted i have put them through hell and back and have not ever smelt coil, have distorted before on low frequencies but thats about it.

right now i have two subs per 3-3/4 port (i know really small) tuned to about 35 hz but it sounds like shit, lots of port noise and doesnt pick up and low end, and what it does all port noise. so im going to either tune it to 40 or 45hz. the port will be 4" wide by 9" high, is this enought port area for two subs? thanks everyone.

but the higher u tune usualy the more surface area of port u need, the smaller port surface area makes the sub move more to move the same amount of air if u had more port surface area

so

u should notice a difference doing the 36sq," but i wouldnt tune higher than 42-45, ive never liked the response of anything tuned higher unless it was a fart box as u said

so how about 36-45sqin port @38-40hz.... that way u should still be able to play things like jeezy and not loose a ton of low end

*edit i only know of a couple of subs that need to be tuned that high (60hz) and they take 1000's of watts and play 1 note

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

they are cheap ass subs that have low xmax and power handling. they dont sound good tuned low. i might just try tuning it low with a changable port and see what i like. idk imma mess with it tonight and see what sounds best.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Archived