Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Have you ever ported a box like this


Recommended Posts

Posted

So I have a 05 300c running 2 l7 12's and I came across this photo of a guy porting through the rear deck. I am wondering if anybody has ever done this before and if there is actually a way to tune the port and if anyone can help me design this. The ported box I have in my trunk makes my trunk unusable and I need some space. I plan on facing subs forward porting through the deck and the arm rest of the rear seat plan on putting air ports through it. Also plan on putting a rear facia board to hide everything in the trunk. It also is important that I have access to my spare tire as this is my DD. So my questions are can you tune this port and how well will it work also can someone help me with the design?

DDP1010540_zpsrkv09fc7.jpgP1010534_zpspyyvvdb9.jpgP1010532_zpsvowiri23.jpg

Posted

No problem, porting through the rear deck has been done before without issues if done properly, if your box can be wide enough to place the port in the baffle you may not need to bother with that.

Posted

Just make sure the port is sealed to the deck and the front is sealed to the cabin and you're good.

For tuning it works the same as a standard ported box. Just have to take into consideration the volume of port taking up space inside the box being less as some of the port will be outside the enclosure.

Static drops are my bag.

Posted

Just make sure the port is sealed to the deck and the front is sealed to the cabin and you're good.

For tuning it works the same as a standard ported box. Just have to take into consideration the volume of port taking up space inside the box being less as some of the port will be outside the enclosure.

The hard part is I know nothing about designing a ported box. Ive built sealed and ported boxes off of blueprints for years for ppl but have never done the ported design. I already plan on sealing the front of the box to the opening going to the back seat and then sealing the port to the rear deck either with fiberglass or with spray foam.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5402 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...