External voltage reg help asap please

Just installed a transpo 911-02r voltage regulator.

Problem is that it doesn't seem like to alt is coming on.

Built by Mike singer and set up for this reg which was all purchased through singer.

I'm not charging at all. Turn the car on and the voltage just keeps going down. Battery was sitting at 12.2 started the car and after running it for a while the battery dropped to 11.5v. Kept getting lower.

I'm getting power from the and to the regulator. Used a multi meter to check all my wiring and grounds solid and don't vary away ffrom battery voltage at all.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

is it the blue regulator? and do you have it hooked up correctly?
They can be a pain to wire up sometimes.

The pos terminal needs to have a steady 15ish amps of current with no voltage drop, on that wire, its best to use at least 12gauge.

The neg terminal just needs to be grounded out.

The field terminal is what goes to your alternator.

If the positive wiring is too small and has to much voltage drop the transpo unit will not turn on or it will turn on and not work properly, so if the wiring has voltage drop due to the gauge the transpo unit will try to over charge to make up for that voltage thinking that the entire system voltage is that low when its actually not.

Sometimes you need to run a relay if you can not find an ignition switch 12volt positive that can produce 15amps of current without voltage drop, and then run your relays power directly from the battery.

In my old cadillac I had that issue so I used a relay and soldered 8awg to it. I think part of my initial problem was using the sense wire in the alternators plug that was no longer used to turn on my transpo unit on the pos terminal.

For trial and error you can run the pos terminal on the transpo unit directly to the positive 12volt terminal on your battery, or even the charge stud on the back of the alternator to see if it turns on.

If it turns on then it means your original wiring method was not correct or didnt supply enough voltage/amperage to make the unit work.
If the unit turns on but has a very inconsistent charging voltage that is all over the place, you might need to run a relay because you are not getting a good enough positive to the transpo unit, or you can hunt for a better 12volt positive wire that is ignition switched

I'm using an 80 amp relay for the turn on. 8g wiring all the way around. 8g for the relay ground, acc, power from batt and to reg. 8g ground on the reg with a 16g field to the alt.

talking with singer on this one to since that's where I got everything. he suggested I run a jumper from the field to pos just for a brief second brush it across the poss. the alt turned on and voltage increased for that half second it touched the pos terminal.

emailed him 5 min ago to let him know the results.

my battery is low 11.9v to be exact because I haven't had an alt and the car has been sitting with me working on it for a few days. dome lights and stuff drained the battery down some. Car still starts and I'm gonna get a battery tender on it for a little while hopefully tomorrow.

maybe the low battery isn't enough for the reg to fully operate?

getting the same voltage at the reg as I do at the battery. checked all the wiring with a dmm and even conceded the reg pos straight to the battery pos.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

oh and yes its the blue 3 wire regulator. it's mounted under the driver seat. battery reads 11.9 car off the reg reads 11.9 car off attached straight to the battery bypassing the relay. with the relay hooked up and the car on voltage reads 11.7 at the battery and 11.7 at the reg.

like I said I'm going to charge the battery and see if that fixes the issue. hopefully tomorrow if not by sunday. working 6 days a week doesn't leave much room for this.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

with working with Mike through emails and phone calls so far we have determined the alt works (turns on) but the reg doesn't seem to be turning on. moved the reg ground to the battery negative directly and I'm going to charge up the battery again then test it out.

suck's living in alaska, gets dark fast and I end up draining the battery using the dome lights. need to get me an agm battery already so I don't have to deal with this.. tax season is around the corner.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived