Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Building a ported box


Blake199801

Recommended Posts

Posted

Dims too tight, you will need to give up some more space.

It doesn't have to specifically be that.. I've never built a sub box before so I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to ported boxes. Right now it's in a sealed box. But It doesn't provide the amount I'd like. It doesn't match my highs/mids. My door speakers are ran from an amp.

Posted

What are the maximum dimensions behind your back seat? Make sure to measure at the top and bottom to account for the seats tilt

Think of a bench seat. It would go in the middle and people would sit on either side. The seats are 21" tall, max I can go wide is 18", and then max length is like 20-22"

Posted

My bad, thought I read that you said behind, not in the back seat.

You only have the one sub?

Yes, I only have one 12. I don't know whether I should do an aeroport or a real port. Considering I've never built a box before.

Posted

What is a "real port"? Do you mean a slot port? Like so...

Enclosure%20Capture_zpsqhmvnoy6.jpg

Yes. Really what I need is like a design. And maybe a couple tips. I leaning more towards an aeroport. Simply because it looks like it would be easier.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3192 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...