Sundown Audio

Favorite Model of Old School Rockford Amp?

RyanRosier

Favorite Rockford amp would have to be the Power 1000 mosfet (chrome). Amp was a beast. Second favorites would be 4080DSM, 200DSMix and a 100DSMix all linked together in the trunk. Looked like a huge BBQ grill.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT

2 Precision Power 12's Power Class

2 Precision Power Phantom P1000.1

Rockford Fosgate Prime 600-4D

4 Lanzar 6.5 components

2 Pyle 8's

Audio Control LC2i

Stock headunit

Looks to me like you started this thread to draw in people so you could possibly sell your equipment ...

Nah, Just threw it out there. I have no need to sell it. Sorry

Punch 45HD(really all the hd's), mainly cuz i got 2 of em although both need repaired.

Hey, I got a 2nd Gen 45 for sale. ;) I wont post a link or my ebay name because like I don't know the forum rules to the point. Just got an idea :P of how they go. But if you're interested shoot me a PM i guess?
You aren't allowed to sell on the forum yet.

My favorite amps would have to be the t2000 t3000 and t4000. Fucking power houses but you could blow them up if you don't know what you're doing.

Ahh I gotcha, see I didn't even know. And like tell me, what subs did rockford have that could handle those amps? I mean in my mind, why make an amp that does 4k rms, but not a sub that can take that, or at least half that. I mean you have to branch out into like PSi, an DD, Ascendant Audio to start finding that stuff

Punch 800a2 was my favorite amp back in the day

I had a 500a2 but sold it. I think it had an issue, cause once I plugged RCA's into it I had alt whine. Like the whine increased with the RPM raising, but my other amps have done fine with it. ZR240, Punch 45, both Punch150's, and another no name. Soon to be a SX650.1 though, any input on that amp?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

I had a rockforge fosgate like 6 years ago. It was all black with "25 to life" aniversary logo on it. Dont remeber what model, really wish i did cuz it drove my two kenwood 12's nicely and CLEAN. Anyone know about the limited edition 25 to life RF ?

I had a rockforge fosgate like 6 years ago. It was all black with "25 to life" aniversary logo on it. Dont remeber what model, really wish i did cuz it drove my two kenwood 12's nicely and CLEAN. Anyone know about the limited edition 25 to life RF ?

Yeah the 25 to Life was the 25th Anniversarry edition's. (Prob knew that) but what I do know is I watched an amp dyno for a Punch 150 do over 1900 watts at 2 ohms I believe. Big D Wiz did it. heres the link -->

Crazy beast. Rated at 90 watts. The 45's and 75's sell for $200+ on ebay.

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Rockford Power 1000 Rockford power 650 Rockford power 300 Old school . Had the 1000 and 650. Kick myself in the balls for get read of them every time Rockford pops in my brain

Man that's gotta suck. I'd kick ya to for letting such power houses go. Oh well, we all have regrets. :fool: I wished now I'd kept my Punch 150's and 45. But what can ya say.

Yeah the 25 to Life was the 25th Anniversarry edition's. (Prob knew that) but what I do know is I watched an amp dyno for a Punch 150 do over 1900 watts at 2 ohms I believe. Big D Wiz did it. heres the link --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLNwvUyhw_8 Crazy beast. Rated at 90 watts. The 45's and 75's sell for $200+ on ebay.

That's it !!!! :)

Archived