Sundown Audio

Favorite Model of Old School Rockford Amp?

RyanRosier

Just trying to get more knowledge on all the versions Rockford had. Starting with the Rockford Fosgate Punch 1st Generation all the Way up to the Power Mosfet 1000. What was yalls favorite, what would you pick to use nowadays, and why?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Not particularly in those year rangers, like from the time they started up to the early 2000's is what I am looking for! :D I think my last post made me sound uneducated!

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

200a2 because I have one that bbq much carpet and is still kicking.

800a2 as well, but mine needs repair.

Today I would pick based on power requirements.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Punch 45HD(really all the hd's), mainly cuz i got 2 of em although both need repaired.

Hey, I got a 2nd Gen 45 for sale. ;) I wont post a link or my ebay name because like I don't know the forum rules to the point. Just got an idea :P of how they go. But if you're interested shoot me a PM i guess?

Punch 40x2 Trans-ana

had one and it was a great little amp for a $20 swap meet score. Looked great too, fit in perfectly in my 96 silverado

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Punch 45HD(really all the hd's), mainly cuz i got 2 of em although both need repaired.

Hey, I got a 2nd Gen 45 for sale. ;) I wont post a link or my ebay name because like I don't know the forum rules to the point. Just got an idea :P of how they go. But if you're interested shoot me a PM i guess?
You aren't allowed to sell on the forum yet.

My favorite amps would have to be the t2000 t3000 and t4000. Fucking power houses but you could blow them up if you don't know what you're doing.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Looks to me like you started this thread to draw in people so you could possibly sell your equipment ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived