Sundown Audio

Do audiopipe amps put out dirty power?

forrest_siems

You can't say people can't afford things, I saved for 2 years, worked extra hours, did odd jobs, hauled scrap iron, and pawned of old stuff to pay for my gear.

Yup, exactly. Im a college student, and have what I have. Its about being smart with your money... with me anyway.

Just by watching ebay, and knowing the msrp, and waiting for the last 15 seconds to bid, I ended up getting a 600$ dd amp for 200$, and an 860$ dd sub for 260$. Patience helps when shopping around for quality at affordable price tags.

04trailblazer

XS d3400

XS xp3000

Pioneer 80prs

2 pairs of DD AW6.5 mids

2 pairs of DD AT28 tweeters

DD SS4A

DD M1D

DD 3518sc in custom kerf port box

2 runs Tspec 0/1 wire

How hot is hot? It can be too hot to touch and still within operating temps.

the amp really isn't that hot. When I first got it though it was ice cold and so was the sub.now this thing gets hot. I don't understand how my sub could be getting hot when I'm not even clipping on 1800 watts. It actually got stinky yesterday. I'm running on 4ga power wire. Big 3 is done. 250a alternator. This shouldn't be happening.

If you have to make a thread asking this question then you already had your answer OP.

My audiopipe amp I had 5 years ago didn't stay in my system longer than 2 months.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Is there a chance a setting has changed on the amp? Have you started playing different music? Even if the amp is set clean, music can still be dirty and clipped and cause the equipment to run hot and dirty.

Who did you have set it up with the DD-1? Have you changed any settings on your head unit like with the EQ, Sub out, Loudness button etc?

Answers to those questions can help us try to diagnose the issue. There is the off chance that the amp is slowly dying and not acting like it should anymore.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Is there a chance a setting has changed on the amp? Have you started playing different music? Even if the amp is set clean, music can still be dirty and clipped and cause the equipment to run hot and dirty.

Who did you have set it up with the DD-1? Have you changed any settings on your head unit like with the EQ, Sub out, Loudness button etc?

Answers to those questions can help us try to diagnose the issue. There is the off chance that the amp is slowly dying and not acting like it should anymore.

Could steaming music be a culprit? I use soundcloud alot. Maybe I should just download from a reliable source?

Archived