Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Fi Team 18


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm doing my first big install by myself. I'm doing a 18" FI Team in a ported box 7.2 cubic feet ported to 32 hz. 4 kinetic hc 1800 batteries, 350 high output alt, and all sky high wiring. Is the skar audio 4500.1 a good amp for this sub? I bought this amp for a STEAL. $500 LOL. What do you all think? The sub is dual 2 ohm, with cooling. This is gonna be a daily subwoofer system.

Posted

Yep that amps fine. Wire to 1ohm and go hammm

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Posted

I'm doing my first big install by myself. I'm doing a 18" FI Team in a ported box 7.2 cubic feet ported to 32 hz. 4 kinetic hc 1800 batteries, 350 high output alt, and all sky high wiring. Is the skar audio 4500.1 a good amp for this sub? I bought this amp for a STEAL. $500 LOL. What do you all think? The sub is dual 2 ohm, with cooling. This is gonna be a daily subwoofer system.

It'll be fine. What vehicle is this going in? I would drop the space down just a tad since you'll be running high power daily.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Posted

It's going behind the back seat in my 2003 Trailblazer LS package. Box is going to be level with the height of the backseat.. Also the box is built around 20" tall, 40" wide, and around 20" deep I think. Port is around 16-17" deep, 18" tall, and I forget the rest. The measurements are on my fathers laptop, I'm on mine. I used the12volt.com for the box specs. Using 1" MDF, so I won't need bracing if I would've used 3/4 MDF.

Posted

1" MDF is not a substitute for proper bracing. Use the 1" material if you like, but I'd still brace it well.

So you know what the area is of your port? 17" long is pretty short, leads me to think you might be low on port area.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

You will definitely need bracing. Don't skimp on that. I recommend using pieces of all thread. At least one piece going from one side of the box through the port and to the other side.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Posted

I forget the dimensions. We put the dimensions of the space I have in the back. My dad used to compete back in the day. Had an Acura Legend that hit 155 something with 4 15 JBL Gti's in a custom box. 4 10 kicker solo barics walled in a s10. Etc. He's the one who came up with the dimensions using that website. He had it tuned to 32 hz and that's the port area it came up with for the box size to be 7.2cubic feet. He's helping me with the install and the box building. He said we're gonna use gorilla glue and some special wood screws that're expensive. Is there better glue? We built the box without counting bracing into play. Really don't feel like spending a couple more hours into the box when I already got one. Will the box not hold up?? We're building it he said to where noone can steal it if someone breaks into the back. And does bracing effect the box build dimensions or can I just add bracing? Also what is bracing exactly? Lol.

Posted

Ok we aren't asking for exact dimensions we're letting you know you need bracing. Especially eith that power your box will most likely fall apart. Bracing is what holds your box together so it doesn't fall apart. Take a piece of 3/4 inch metal all-thread and run it through the side of the box and through the port out to the other side of the box. It will not take up much space at all. If you're still confused as to what bracing is then you need to go through some member builds before you start. If your dad used to compete then he should know how to build a proper box. With bracing included.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2395 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...