Pioneer 80prs/ PAC OS-2X issue?

reedal

Purchased my 80prs a year ago, purchased the OS-2X radio adapter in April when I bought the Tahoe due to the class II data bus. Anyone with NBS GM vehicles using it or any other radio adapter harness meant to maintain the class II data bus? If not, are you having any issues with fault codes/errors being displayed on the DIC?

My issue is that for the past two weeks, every morning when I start the vehicle, I've had to set the initial settings every time (date, time, contrast, demo on or off). Today, it wouldn't even come on until I was ten minutes down the road. I wake up at 3 every morning, and don't want to wake up earlier to give myself time to troubleshoot, so it may have to wait until the weekend.

Firmware on 80prs is up to date. Batteries are good at 12.7-8 resting over night. Power and grounds to OS-2X and 80prs are crimped and taped.

I think it's the OS-2x is taking a shit. I don't know if it's the temperature or what. I didn't have this issue in my explorer with no adapter harness. So I need some feedback. What's the outcome of hard wiring the 80prs without the OS-2X. Will I need to put the stock radio back in to maintain the data bus?

Thanks in advance.

Leaving work, got in, started up, no HU. Pulled the radio out a bit but left it connected, waited, five minutes later I hear the PAC click on, then the radio comes on. So it's definitely the PAC adapter.

So, can I run the HU without it, and not receive errors/faults etc. on the DIC, or do I need to replace it? Need advice from the NBS owners

Bump. Still having issues. Last night it turned on immediately when I went for a cruise, temp was around 65, just now, temp reads 62, took ten minutes to turn on.

Bump with new info

Just now, started vehicle, radio turned on, played while I waited for everything to warm up, then it cut off, five minutes later it comes back on, all of my gauges read "zero" (battery and temp only go down to 9v and 160 degrees), service 4wd message, fuel light on, battery light on, etc. It's definitely the PAC. I turned off the vehicle, started back up, everything reads normal, but no radio yet. I guess I'll just have to replace it unless someone can give me some information on the effects without it wired up

• 2 weeks later...

Even though no one has chimed in with any info, here's the newest update on issues I'm having.

I'm going to pull it, run new power and grounds and just leave the PAC module to do its thing without it continuing to affect my HU. I hope this helps anyone in the future who may have a similar issue or situation.

remove the display and put it back on see if that helps.. mine didnt have an issue till i removed it..

I've done that a bunch. That's only happening with the HU off. And only started happening once I started having issues with the PAC module coming on.

Extend your head unit wiring harness burry your stock deck somewhere and hard wire your aftermarket stereo, I have had to do this numerous times long before pac was making adapters.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Archived