Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer box design specs help

nacho

Hello,

New member here. I have tried searching google and the Fosgate home page but cant figure out the measurements for a box build.

I recently purchased two new Rockford Fosgate T1D410 (the black ones). I am wanting to build my own box for these speakers. I want it to be square and vented. I own a 2012 Honda civic and mostly want it for rap/hip hop music. If anyone could help me or maybe point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

I'm sure someone can help you with a design, we just need a little more info. What are you going to be powering the subs with? What are the max dimensions of your space?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Hey thanks for the reply. I haven't bought an amp yet but I will be buying a Hifonics Brutus. Probably in the 2000 watts range.

For some reason it says I'm not allowed to use that image extension. Been trying for the last two hours to uplaod a picture.

Dimensions:

Trunk opening 30" wide - 14.5" tall

Trunk is 35" deep

and by the back seat it is 16" tall and 33" wide

trunk_zpsii1iztuq.jpg

So here is a suggestion, firing everything back or forward sealed off, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2t112.jpg

tportsingle.jpg

Well I payed a guy for these subs on eBay and he just refunded my money and said he is out of stock. So now I have another question. Would a fosgate 15 t1 t2 fit with my deminsions or should I stick with the 2 10's. Then of course there is the debate on which is better 2 10s or 15.

Well I payed a guy for these subs on eBay and he just refunded my money and said he is out of stock. So now I have another question. Would a fosgate 15 t1 t2 fit with my deminsions or should I stick with the 2 10's. Then of course there is the debate on which is better 2 10s or 15.

Well with the 14.5" maximum measurement on the height you would basically have to do the sub firing up. That short box height would not lend well to playing lows. That calculates to the box having a 1/16th wave harmonic at 60hz.

I would stick with 10's or 12's on this build, mounted in a vertical panel.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived