Sonic Electronix

Guest MegaloManiac

well if you have an ib and you open the trunk u better hope u arent playing anything loud cause and IB is not the same as free-air

it still utilizes and sealed cabin for the rear wave/backpressure... so if you release that pressure watch the sub move more than u want

*edit - and few of us are as gentle with the volume as megalo :)

That is wrong, I am sorry to rain on your parade, IB is free airing. You should not hear any significant difference with the trunk open or closed given you have enough space. What makes IB work is the back wave not hitting the front wave & Idea is not to have any "load" on either side of driver

hmm i thought IB still had size restrictions with the size of trunk thus my conclusion

but hey, thats why im on this forum... learn something new everyday literally

megalo, so do this mean that techincally if you had all doors open with an IB setup in rear deck or trunk cutthru it should sound almost the same as playing the sub with all doors open and trunk open, or no cause ud have the cancellation issue?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i know, lets take this to MYTHBUSTERS lol

Bills

x2 lol

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Guest MegaloManiac

hmm i thought IB still had size restrictions with the size of trunk thus my conclusion

but hey, thats why im on this forum... learn something new everyday literally

megalo, so do this mean that techincally if you had all doors open with an IB setup in rear deck or trunk cutthru it should sound almost the same as playing the sub with all doors open and trunk open, or no cause ud have the cancellation issue?

well if you had all your doors and windows open, BUT the trunk closed to keep that back wave isolated it would(ideally) sound the same. Yes. key is too keep that back wave from seeing the front wave. I hope that make sense

it all makes sense

i was just trying to see if an ib setup with the trunk open and doors open would be the same as playing the sub outside of an enclosure entrirely (minus cabin gain)

so how much is enough space to do an IB?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

That is wrong, I am sorry to rain on your parade, IB is free airing. You should not hear any significant difference with the trunk open or closed given you have enough space. What makes IB work is the back wave not hitting the front wave & Idea is not to have any "load" on either side of driver

is was moreso directed at megalo

i understand the definition of infinite baffle, i was just wondering was megalo was getting at

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

oh i see- so what i interpreted was that "enough space" is enough for the woofer not to see ANY backspace. any less and you have a BIG sealed box

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Guest MegaloManiac

well you dont want it in a tight space, then you got yourself a small sealed box practically :P

there is no set space required, but lets just the more the better :)

Archived