Walled suburban 1500 sway problem

So, I have a 2005 suburban 1500 2wd, its got 6 18s, 18 g31 batts, and 2 12ks in a big ole 4th order.

Even at normal speeds (45-55) the rear end is moving all about, or even with slight gusts of wind.

I was thinking bigger sway bars? maybe going bags would help?

currently has stock springs, and the shocks were replaced with tow helpers (coil overs shock type deal), and temporarily have those helper bags in the coils (trying to keep the back end from bottoming out.).

soooo what have you guys with big heavy systems done to reduce sway? or improve ride quality?

3 350 amp 6 phase js alts

6 custom sundown 18s

4 ft1 tweets

8 8" pwx mids

18 g31 agm batts
2 crescendo 12k

1 american bass gt3200.4

1 jl slash 300/4

~600 feet of 1/0 ofc knu

Imo i dont like the toy helper springs it just seems like a simple fix to actually doing it right.
While your adding all these "helper" solutions to fix the problem your still left with a spongy suspension which could be due to how these products are being used, or still not enough to over come the weight.

More leafs, a stronger coil over shock with a higher weight rating. I did a bit of research on the coil over shocks to add more weight and I forget the brand I got but they seemed to be far better than the others I was looking at.

yeah i dont like the helper crap either, just picked them up in a pinch to keep moving lol

and yes, the rear is does have coils.

as far as tires, theyre 10 ply 285/50-20s @ 70 psi, so they dont wiggle really.

ill try to find a bigger pan hard bar didnt think about that, and come bigger coils.

but my issue is that parts to beef up the suspension in the 1500 suburban (especially being 2wd) are like non existant

3 350 amp 6 phase js alts

6 custom sundown 18s

4 ft1 tweets

8 8" pwx mids

18 g31 agm batts
2 crescendo 12k

1 american bass gt3200.4

1 jl slash 300/4

~600 feet of 1/0 ofc knu

Heres my 99 tahoe.

Over 30 sheets of MDF in the 6th order wall, 4 btl 18s, 4 saz-4500s, 2 saz-50.2s(or whatever the model number is on them), 5 xs d3100s currently in the back.

These are the shocks I went with. Monroe load adjusting, 1100lbs

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/monroe-load-adjusting-shock-absorber-58612/19710021-P?searchTerm=shocks#fragment-1

Sag with my 24s on

VkF3eg.jpg

Sag with stock wheels

HXDJ2r.jpg

stock leafs and shocks that invert upward (truck is held up by the jack under the rear end so its no different than if there was wheels on the ground)

j1bZrZ.jpg

leafspring packs I made 8layers (instead of 4)

tStFeS.jpg

how truck sits with tires on it with the new leaf packs and shocks

opIVf0.jpg

That last pic was right after I dropped it off the jack and jack stands.

After I drove it and everything settled it sits a little lower in the rear.

It rides smoother than my damn cadillac car too!

But I like how it looks sitting lower than higher for sure, but the ride difference was night and day, and I no longer miss my rear axle slamming against my frame every time I drove over a small crack in the road...

Archived