Sundown Audio

Hifonics

Matthew Williams

I dont know anything about the models after BRZ and BE but I know they dropped the cea2006 cert.... I run a BE1700.1D and a ZXi80.4 they have been doing well.... my 4ch is pushing close to 6 years now and the BE is like 2 years... I had a BRZ1200.1D and it stopped working after 14 months.... I hear mixed thoughts about the new amps everything from they are the same guts just different case to totally different and they are garbage

BRZ and BRX series are CEA2006 compliant.

CEA-2006 compliant certification doesn't hold much value when you watch amp dyno tests. I've seen more than a few amps not pass what they claim is rated... Also, the dynamic RMS test is not CEA-Compliant, it's the certified test with 1% THD.

Is the Hifonics BRX or Brutus for some line any good? I am not trying to compare I am trying to focus on the amps qualities that make it stand out.

I would get something better to be honest. Pretty much all of people who buy these high wattage Hifonics amps are too cheap to upgrade there electrical (thus there getting maybe half the claimed wattaged).

I never see those with nice electrical upgrades buying Hifonics (they buy more established brands like American Bass, Sundown, Cresendo, Ampere...ect).

Archived