Wolfbane Posted December 31, 2015 Report Posted December 31, 2015 Can someone help me understand the difference between a ported box and a bandpass???? I'm very new to the audio world so if someone can explain it in simple terms it would help me out a lot. Also what are the advantages and disadvantages of bandpass. Thanks.
im_quagmire Posted December 31, 2015 Report Posted December 31, 2015 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/138289-ported-or-bandpass/ an easy google search would answer those noob questions, or even a SMD search. here you go, cheers mate and happy new year But What Do I Know? 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8 JVC KD-R975BTS Clarion EQS746 Kenwood P907PS Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1 Ampere Audio 2000.1 MB Quart Onyx 800.4 XS Power D3400 - Hood XS Power D975 - Trunk Singer 240A Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener
Wolfbane Posted December 31, 2015 Author Report Posted December 31, 2015 Thanks but that's what I was doing and I was just getting more confused the more I read. It wasn't until I found a diagram that I started to see the difference. Thanks for the link.
MADVIBES Posted December 31, 2015 Report Posted December 31, 2015 remember, there are a lot of different variations in bandpass designs. DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY. 156.9@26hz 158.0@30hz
Wolfbane Posted December 31, 2015 Author Report Posted December 31, 2015 And that's where I'm getting confused
boometro Posted December 31, 2015 Report Posted December 31, 2015 bandpass = Ported = guess it actually depends on the application and end goals.
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 31, 2015 Report Posted December 31, 2015 If your primary goal is performance, there are very few situations where a bandpass box will be a better solution in car audio. One of those situations is where you need to push all the output through a port, firewalled trunks and blow-throughs for example. Other than that, a regular ported box is almost always a better way to go. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Hugh G. Rection Posted January 1, 2016 Report Posted January 1, 2016 The only advantages i see to a bandpass (im speaking of a single reflex bandpass) is that you dont generally have the phasing issues you would have with a bass reflex enclosure, since your not dealing with separate waves from the port and driver. Owner of BigAss Ports
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.