Second Skin Audio

Box Advice?

RockeyDA

gonna change how the cuts are, was gonna do it like this to maximize my ability to cut from the same bord but i need to much wood to do it off of one 2x4 so might as way go for the easier cuts.

Current Subs: 2 Alpine SWR-1522D's, Sundown X-18

Current Amps: SAE-1500D on 100A 14.4v psu, Technics SA-560,Some Sony, Some Pioneer - crackles if on to long

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i got wood, when i get home from work i get to cutting.

Current Amps: SAE-1500D on 100A 14.4v psu, Technics SA-560,Some Sony, Some Pioneer - crackles if on to long

• 2 weeks later...

a warm day came and after some last min changes i got to cuttin, the box is drying now and this is how it came out, i tried clamping a pice of wood the distance from the metal plate of the circular saw to the blade as a gide and it worked well, my cuts are still like 1/16th of an inch off from each other so i have to use alot of weight to bed the surface wood around the box as it dries, since this wood is only 3/4" thick im trying to avoid screws.

naX4QsP.jpg

OjSSuCb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

this project turned out well vid coming soon.

ok as i promised, the video. i learnd some tricks on this one and i feel ready to tackle some more complicated box builds, proper tools or not.

also i got my tax returns and i dropped that on a 1500wrms sundown amp, when i get it i plan on running it off of 2 truck battries that will be on a float charger until i can buy that 14.4v psu, when that happens my 2 truck batteries are going in a 24v configuration so i can 1000w back up system i found in the trash 4 years ago, it works just the internal and external batteries only hold a charge for a few seconds of power on a 100w

and this month 2 people are retiring were i work, im gonna miss them but this means i get 2 shots at full time(as long as no union workers bid for 2 weeks)

if i get this this will turn my life around, i well be able to work more hours, full benefits, start job bidding, and go from 9.50 an hour to 16$ an hour. my boss said my chances are slim to none because of the hours, but i got my hopes up as so far its been a week and few even knew it was open. just 1 more week, and my money problems will be gone, ile be able to save up for things without working some odd job every day of the week.

• 1 year later...

its been a while but me getting a car is now realistic, i stuck with the same job for 2 years and now im getting full time, instant full time kickes in i go from 10$ per hour to 15$ per hour for 90 days then its 16, now it dose not matter i have 2 people in my house twice my age with no jobs. 

Archived