Robert North Posted January 13, 2016 Report Posted January 13, 2016 I have 4 12" in a ported box tuned roughly around 30-32hz. It seems and feels like the subs play a little louder with the windows all the way up. I know normally front windows rolled down would give you a little more output. Or am i hearing things. Lol.
Hugh G. Rection Posted January 13, 2016 Report Posted January 13, 2016 Letting the window down is probably changing the vehicle resonance away from the tuning of the enclosure and messing with cabin gain. It happens. Ive built a few that have done that. Owner of BigAss Ports
poorfish88 Posted January 13, 2016 Report Posted January 13, 2016 I have 4 12" in a ported box tuned roughly around 30-32hz. It seems and feels like the subs play a little louder with the windows all the way up. I know normally front windows rolled down would give you a little more output. Or am i hearing things. Lol. I'd love it, if my box was that way.
Kyblack76 Posted January 13, 2016 Report Posted January 13, 2016 Your ear isn't a meter. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
poorfish88 Posted January 13, 2016 Report Posted January 13, 2016 Your ear isn't a meter. True, but i only care what it sounds like to me.
Robert North Posted January 13, 2016 Author Report Posted January 13, 2016 Dont get me wrong. It still slams with window down. Im just used to rolling down the window. This is the 1st time ive experienced this. Lol. I know my ears are not a meter. Lol. Thanks.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.