Htown B.O.B. Posted January 15, 2016 Report Posted January 15, 2016 I like to see if I can get this cleared up by people that know more than me. I was told some time ago that 10's and 12's were better than 15's because they respond faster and wouldn't get the same output. How wrong or right is this
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 15, 2016 Report Posted January 15, 2016 It's mostly wrong. There a lot of things that affect how a sub sounds. Sub diameter is pretty far down that list. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Htown B.O.B. Posted January 15, 2016 Author Report Posted January 15, 2016 Ok was told since they were bigger they would not have as tight bass as smaller
Bayuk89 Posted January 15, 2016 Report Posted January 15, 2016 I believed the same thing till i got on the forum. Subwoofer construction and parameters will have more value on how well the sub plays along with the box design. U can have some low end subs (like myself) and have a good custom made box and they will sound ok.
Htown B.O.B. Posted January 15, 2016 Author Report Posted January 15, 2016 I have that now with 4 12" Memphis but looking to go louder now and thinking 15"s not sure if I have the room for 18's without a ton of work
diegoclass2010 Posted January 15, 2016 Report Posted January 15, 2016 I have that now with 4 12" Memphis but looking to go louder now and thinking 15"s not sure if I have the room for 18's without a ton of work 4 12's should be louder due to more cone area and more motor force
Irocthestreetz Posted January 15, 2016 Report Posted January 15, 2016 I have that now with 4 12" Memphis but looking to go louder now and thinking 15"s not sure if I have the room for 18's without a ton of work4 12's should be louder due to more cone area and more motor force Never said how many 15s he wanted to run though here's a chart that lists cone area based on number and size of woofers https://www.google.com/search?q=cone+snail&oq=cone+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0j69i59j0j69i60.2295j0j4&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#q=cone+area+chart&imgrc=SzpxsZwaHHm76M%3A
Htown B.O.B. Posted January 15, 2016 Author Report Posted January 15, 2016 3 maybe 4 just want higher quality subs looking at soundqued hdc3
diegoclass2010 Posted January 15, 2016 Report Posted January 15, 2016 I have that now with 4 12" Memphis but looking to go louder now and thinking 15"s not sure if I have the room for 18's without a ton of work4 12's should be louder due to more cone area and more motor force Never said how many 15s he wanted to run though here's a chart that lists cone area based on number and size of woofers https://www.google.com/search?q=cone+snail&oq=cone+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0j69i59j0j69i60.2295j0j4&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#q=cone+area+chart&imgrc=SzpxsZwaHHm76M%3A gotcha yea sorry dont know why i was think only 2 15's please proceed
Irocthestreetz Posted January 15, 2016 Report Posted January 15, 2016 Can't go wrong with the hdc series. I have a hdc315 on 2300wrms and it absolutely wrecks up my durango. Personally I say it's worth the piece of mind you upgrade to the hdc4 if you're running over 2k per woofer. Though my hdc3 takes the 2300 like nothing I just can't help but wonder if the hdc4 would has been a significant upgrade especially for only a hundred more.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.