Jump to content

Vehicle: nissan sentra (1994)


Recommended Posts

Posted
Posted

okay sorry about last post still figuring out picture stuff on here. 12191083_867064436722023_139984125714828

12189590_867064610055339_553248578631289

12072626_867064550055345_927776713576638

12049166_867064473388686_744272506423918

12042767_867067453388388_613960452186113

10399720_903434883084978_165044116830464

11204472_867064503388683_887282727047832

10369175_867064450055355_608166033288999

12191969_867063063388827_697034382857762

12196025_867067410055059_756519670660011

12342374_887670447994755_314201109782415

12472672_903434899751643_510624211193636

12400596_903434913084975_126483183165986

12552998_903434963084970_224965693833135

12509430_903435009751632_409413442701045

12512714_903434949751638_130862484790356

12417804_903434823084984_424107376496389

12548951_903434849751648_278759383974533

tell me what y'all think so far most likely building a new box this week for a show on Saturday. My biggest issue right now is getting the power that amplifier demands. alternator stock 70 amps...

Posted

Ahhh memories. Had a '91 SE-R way back when. 3 12s infinite baffle with the foam seat back in place. Worked great. Trunk pic in the old school thread.

Nice start, but clean up your under hood wiring and move that fuse holder on the firewall closer to the battery. Also 6.5s fit in those front doors very easily. Save up for a decent 6.5 component set and get the tweeters up higher. Top/front of door panel or a-pillar and the soundstage comes to life.

What are the overall future plans? Suspension, wheels, brakes, etc.? Mine had H&R springs and 5Zigen 17s on it. Basic bolt ons (HKS intake and exhaust, header, timing adjust) and ran 14.8 at 91mph. Plus it was a blast to autocross and the weight in the back made it toss-able when wanted. Had some friends turbo them and get deep into the 12s on drag radials.

Static drops are my bag.

Posted

I'm not sure on power yet this 1.6 liter no se-r engine. For now im just driving it, performance upgrades are on the back burner for awhile, this is more of a budget build. but pics or a link of your trunk build would be nice.

Posted

That 1.6 is also a solid engine, just not a fast one, especially coupled with an auto. But no worries, I drive slower cars now too. Do what you do and make it your own.

Here's mine when I sold it 12 or 13 years ago. Note the front cone deflector for autocross screwed to the step on the 91-92 front bumper cover. To the right of the NOPI sticker (needed for a race event) there is a ram-air inlet scoop piped up to the HKS intake lol. Your 93-94 bumper cover sits lower and is fully painted so it's a better look to begin with.

SE-R2_zpsmkubl1ix.jpeg

One of my favorite simple mods is the color matched tail light surround. I shaved the key hole too. I just think it modernizes the back end.

SE-R1_zpszjdjt54t.jpeg

And here's infinite baffle trunk setup that I did when I first got it years earlier. Uses the whole trunk as the box, saving a bunch of space and weight, but you have to have the right type of sub to do it. It's easier to make a boxed sub louder and handle more power. These were getting just over 300 each and I still had to listen carefully at times.

SE-R_zpsytqx3ddd.jpeg

No pics of the doors, but I put in a SPAL power window kit and locks, 6.5 behind the stock grille, tweeter on top/forward of door panel, and a simple flat filler panel where the window crank used to be.

Good luck and have fun! I'd like to see where this ends up.

Static drops are my bag.

Posted

not enough port area to start out. did the same thing on one of my first enclosures.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 791 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...