Window Tinting - Tricks, Tips, & Dont's

Clif

Your making a cutout replica of the window...

Soapy water, a small 3-4in squeege, hairdryer, and patience!!

Edit*

I left the dryer in one spot too long and it deformed material in that spot.. I havent encountered that since, but ive not used that tint again either...

Im guessing it was garbage tint, bought at autozone by a customer.. :(

• 1 year later...

go here, i think i trust these ppl more than most installers tho, http://www.tapplastics.com/info/video_deta...=quicktime&

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Dont ever clean tint with any thing with even the slightest amount of ammonia in it. It will fade it. Stoners Invisible Glass is ammonia free and has evaporating chemicals so there are no spots what so ever left.

You can also clean the windows initially with crumpled newspaper. Works like a charm and leaves no residue.

The System In Progress

Headunit: Pioneer DEH5800MP

Sub: DC Sound Lab Level 4 15" D2

Box: 4 cubes at 33Hz

Sub Amp: Cadence Z1200

Front Stage: PG RSD5cs

Rear Stage: Pioneer TSA6991R (Temporary)

Front and Rear Amp: Cadence TXA3004 (FS) (Looking)

Wiring: XScorpion, American Bass, Stinger Custom Pro 4 Gauge

u can get auto glass cleaner that has no amonia in it and news papers clean glass like a charm, my gpa done it to every one of the distplay cases he built, doesn't leave any form of dust that u get from paper towels, and no smeareing, and if u clean the windows wipe one side one way, and the other side a diff way and it will show u witch side is still dirty

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

^

What I just said.

The System In Progress

Headunit: Pioneer DEH5800MP

Sub: DC Sound Lab Level 4 15" D2

Box: 4 cubes at 33Hz

Sub Amp: Cadence Z1200

Front Stage: PG RSD5cs

Rear Stage: Pioneer TSA6991R (Temporary)

Front and Rear Amp: Cadence TXA3004 (FS) (Looking)

Wiring: XScorpion, American Bass, Stinger Custom Pro 4 Gauge

Oh, and when a deer comes thru your side window, it helps to keep it all together instead of shattering everywhere!!!

So good for beaters in the 160's!!

Ahhh, deer country :rolleyes:

The Stupid deers should stay off the road :aggressive:

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

So I dont think i seen anything on here but I was thinking about starting a thread on Window Tinting...

I have done a few cars myself and each one i do turns out better and better.

Just had a question.

I have always put the tint on the inside of the window, but the other day saw someone do it on the outside of the window....

Why would you want to put tint on the outside window? or are you even suposed to?

Wow! Putting tint outside the window. Haha!! Maybe he trying to trace the tint film outside window then apply it inside.

Archived