Advice on lowering maxima 1" in front

2013 maxima So ive noticed that my wieght in my trunk actually makes my car sit about an inch lower in back and i like it so id like to get the front to match it or get as close as it can. I really dnt want to go too low just make it even. Ive been looking at coilovers and they are expensive even the cheapest sets are about 700 bucks. What are my options without suffering in ride quality? Ive looked at lowering springs and some people say they like them but ive never lowered a car before so i dont know the differences between the two ?

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Maybe look for supporting air bags for the back.. You may want to take the system out one day and it will be easier to let the air out vs replacing the springs..

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

In general, lowering springs will ride better than coilovers. Honestly most people that buy coilovers never set them up right and would have had a better performing car if they would have gone with just springs. But they do get to choose their ride height, for better or worse.

I normally recommend H&R or Eibach, and Eibach is the only one with that application.

I've had horrible luck over the years when customers bring me cheap springs--not getting the advertised drop, front and rear not height matched, springs sag out in a short time, etc. Worth the little bit of extra money for decent springs.

Static drops are my bag.

In general, lowering springs will ride better than coilovers. Honestly most people that buy coilovers never set them up right and would have had a better performing car if they would have gone with just springs. But they do get to choose their ride height, for better or worse.

I normally recommend H&R or Eibach, and Eibach is the only one with that application.

I've had horrible luck over the years when customers bring me cheap springs--not getting the advertised drop, front and rear not height matched, springs sag out in a short time, etc. Worth the little bit of extra money for decent springs.

I was looking to save money too., cheapest set of coilovers i could find were 700 and the pictures showed them without the top mount.. I didnt understand if that meant i had to use my stock mount or buy an aftermarket seperate. Then again i had some friends the do imports and they all rcommended coilovers but not one of them is into the audio they all do performance and looks only. The last options was springs but i was also told that if i go with springs i will need to replace my struts at the same time because the springs will wear out my stock struts asap

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

You asked how to lower 1 inch in the front. Buy the Eibach springs and install the fronts only. When you pull the weight out of the back later, either install the Eibach rears or reinstall the OEM fronts.

Coilover benefits:

--Corner weight-able for racing, which you don't mention you do. The vast majority of coil overs are setup up by measuring and eye. Most would handle better with an engineered spring set.

--Ride height adjustability. Can match F/R as you change weight in the back. Or if you want the whole car lower.

Coilover cons:

--Ride for crap. Spring rates usually many times higher than OEM. Especially the cheap ones.

--Cheap sets use crap struts. Finding a compatible replacement strut can be a pain.

--Time consuming and specialty knowledge/tools to set up properly. I don't own a corner weight set and I've been doing this a long time. Still pay a buddy to use his.

--Expensive for anything worth owning.

--Can be noisy. Creaking and popping.

Spring benefits:

--Less expensive.

--Designed be used on OEM struts that are in good shape. We've put them on cars with 50k miles on and were fine, but on a car that had 25k they bounced. If your struts are fading, replace them.

--Ride way better than coil overs and require no special set up (that most neglect anyway).

Spring cons:

--Not adjustable.

--Can't get the low lows. Which you didn't ask for.

They both have their place. Coilovers usually belong on the race track or at car shows. I rarely recommend them to anyone for street.

Static drops are my bag.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived