Sundown Audio

TREO SSX 2500 WATTS NEEDED HELPPP

RyanRosier

So my buddy has had a Treo SSX subwoofer for a while, he's one of those "just do it for me and make it loud guys" So he bought a system from a guy that had been used and it had a 1100 Boss amp with it. (I know I know, he just reads numbers and doesnt care to learn, fine with me because I get to do it all for him) Well it blew out today and like I just figured he had a TE Treo so I said hey you need 500 Rms so he just picked up the 900 watt pioneer,(450 rms supposedly), and well I got the idea as he left to shove my camera in the box and record the bottom of the sub. well my hand bumped what I knew immeadiatly was some 8 gauge speaker in the terminals, and i thought eh well.. Whatever some people go big and then skip on like the amp. Well he got back and I check the sub. and it said 2500 Watts RMS on the cap and I just crapped my self. Becuase me and him had just passed an oppurtunity on a Kicker 2500.1 for $275 with 1/0 wire and some caps. But didn't think it was needed. And now I'm here all ecstatic cause this my first real big power system, I mean over 700 watts. (judge I dont care loll I'm running my SX650.1 right now and got like the biggest in this small town. But besides the point.) So I've been looking at some Hifonics stuff, he's looking at around $300-$400 for an amp. Now I neeed some suggestions on these. I know Hifoncis dropped the CEACompliant and stuff. So what amps around that range would run this amp good. and I mean real good. Heck even that run twice the power that it "needs" I mean we want to bang this thing into the dirt. Please help! Got some other question's later!

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

To start with make sure your electrical is up to par before worrying about a 2.5k or 5k amp. Also make sure this sub is in an enclosure build for the sub. the box is gonna be more important than the amp. Plenty of options in that $$$ range. I would maybe consider buying better second hand amp then buying a new amp that claims big power.

To start with make sure your electrical is up to par before worrying about a 2.5k or 5k amp. Also make sure this sub is in an enclosure build for the sub. the box is gonna be more important than the amp. Plenty of options in that $$$ range. I would maybe consider buying better second hand amp then buying a new amp that claims big power.

Okay see that's my other questions. It has a run of 4 Gauge Sky High Car Audio that is at the VERY VERY most 6 feet of it. Very very short run. He's got a 2014 Dodge 2500 HD Diesel or whatever. So I think he's got a High Out Alt. but not sure. And he's got like a gigantic diesel battery on it. Optima Yellow top I'm pretty sure. Doe's he need a 1/0 Run or will the short run of 4 Gauge work? I mean we arent against ordering it but why do it when not needed. Also on the speaker wire, in the box there's at least 10 gauge in there, but I've got some more SKy High 12 AWG on the outside for like 3 feet. Does this need upgraded as well? All OFC.

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Check the for sale section

Just had a new in box dc 3.5k pop up for 500 + shipping. A little over your range but fuck 100 more for a great amp.

Yes you will need bigger gauge wire.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Check the for sale section

Just had a new in box dc 3.5k pop up for 500 + shipping. A little over your range but fuck 100 more for a great amp.

Ehh pushing it with what we got lol, I mean my old thread about the 2.5 K kicker for $275, Was that like a steal of the year that was missed? I really need some amp suggestions. I mean I think this is okay? But I really really want input guys! http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Hifonics-Brutus-BRX3016-1D-3000-Watt-RMS-Class-D-Mono-Amplifier-Car-Amp-/351437503450?hash=item51d34ebbda:g:ZqIAAOSwX~dWl6~A

Also if I'm not allowed to post links like this, just delete the comment and dont give me any warning points or ban me. I love this site and all things audio and SMD. So with that being said, is there anything better for around that price? Will that do at least 2500, I've heard they aren't like up to full specs and stuff. but they're close. I just need something good yall know..?

Alright.

1) Hifonics is what it is. Doesn't do rated. Not the best quality. Better than boss,pyle,etc so it depends on what you want. If your willing to look at it like at 2 or 2.2 k (ballpark) amp that may shit out in 2 months or may last 5 years (just dontknow) then the hifonics would be ok. Just a risk you take.

2) Are you really wanting other suggestions? Because you went right back to hifonics when given 1. <<< Not being an ass.

Alright.

1) Hifonics is what it is. Doesn't do rated. Not the best quality. Better than boss,pyle,etc so it depends on what you want. If your willing to look at it like at 2 or 2.2 k (ballpark) amp that may shit out in 2 months or may last 5 years (just dontknow) then the hifonics would be ok. Just a risk you take.

2) Are you really wanting other suggestions? Because you went right back to hifonics when given 1. <<< Not being an ass.

I figured, sorry, yes I want more but the extra $ isn't in the budget. (not being an ass lol)

whats keeping you from saving until you do have funds?

Being that he want's it this week and not having a job lol. Im buying a shot gun off him and hes taking that then som cash he had on hand today when he bought a piece of turd that smoked out the box. He's taking it back though but got to before they'll take it back. So he doesnt want to go without bass (doubt any of us would.) and he is taking the amp he bought back soon. So really I guess being 17 living with mom and dad having a job that only pays for our truck insurance and gas it's hard to budget any extra cash, so impatience. Yeah..

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291661560053&alt=web

Get this guy to come off his price and have a solid amp. And you might want to hurry because the sharks around here will steal it out from under you.

Archived