How to add 80prs USB extension cable to SMD single din bezel

reedal

All good. Just had coincidentally been planning my toolbox system/test bench today and ran across those. Easier to make a round hole than a square one and most mount from the front with a lip to keep the amount of finish work down nonexistant.

Post up the finished piece when you get there.

Will do :good: might do it this weekend. We'll see.

And I agree wholeheartedly, cutting circle holes is definitely easier than squares.

Alright. I haven't done the USB port yet, but here's the console piece that the bezel will go into and how it will look (sorta)

4CC3E1A5-7961-43D6-B974-C606F2F857B9_zps

1F7577E0-243D-4B51-A162-0B3CF847BE4E_zps

My issue, as you will see and I'm sure most will feel the same way, is that the bezel is kind of thick and looks awkward like that. To me. So I want to flush mount it, but I'm unsure of how to do that. I'm thinking I may have to buy the MDF bezel and do some glassing. But before I make any decisions, I wanted to pick at the great brains of this community.

So, any thoughts or ideas you have, I am nothing but ears.... Or eyes rather... :D

Tape off the bezel and use some body filler to make a nice tight transition to the bezel.

Make sure you sand the dash piece very well first so it will adhere.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Tape off the bezel and use some body filler to make a nice tight transition to the bezel.

Make sure you sand the dash piece very well first so it will adhere.

Thank you. That was one thought I had as well, but I wasn't sure of how well the filler would adhere to the dash piece. Rough it up with some 40grit, or would that be too harsh do you think?

Nothing is to harsh since you'll be covering it all anyways and the deeper the scratches the better it will adhere.

They make special fillers meant for bonding to plastic.

I'd use 80 grit personally.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You can also cheat to get a profile by taking an old gift card and cutting the edge to the profile you'd like and using it as a spreader,

It'll cut down on lots of sanding time.

No problem.

Boss has a kit that works great you drill a hole and insert.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

What do you mean by profile?

The contour of the edge you want to create around the bezel, like a beveled edge or a rounded one.

Archived