Dual sub outs connection to ONE sub

Hey guys,

More curious than anything. Say you have sub out 1 and 2 on your receiver, meant for a dual subwoofer setup. Is it going to hurt hooking up a single sub to both of those outputs meaning the left and right input on the sub for a better signal? In anyway is the 5.2 setup stereo bass? Both the sub 1 and 2 outputs should be exactly the same no? I know, use a Y splitter, but like I said, just curious.

the sub output signal is generally mono anyway :shrug:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I believe the two channels are there so you don't have to have a y-splitter . If one sub I would run channel 1. If two than channel 1 & 2. If there were separate channels with different playback than you wouldn't want to run both to one mono sub. I assume 5.2 would be running different frequencies and volumes through two different subs (dual sub setup)Does that make sense? Also I figure two more better, a more enveloping sound, if you have the room

do each of the outputs actually send signal at the same time? I had a 7.2 receiver with 2 sub outs and #2 would only work if i was wiring to include a 2.1 setup in addition to the 5.1. I tried to do a 5.2 setup with 2 separate powered subs and only one gave output. both were in fine working order.

Hmm, ya that sounds like the receiver itself or some sort of setting. I've never heard of a setting like that though as mine just has subwoofer on or off, which I'm guessing turns both outputs on or off.

More or less confirmed what I was thinking though. Mono signal, just wondering if they are separate signals or just 1 signal split on the board, probably the latter.

Archived