Joe X Posted January 25, 2016 Report Posted January 25, 2016 On the calculators, you need to use one that is compatible with slot ports (due to the end correction for slot ports), in addition to that there are many variants of the tuning equation so it's normal to get slightly different results when comparing calculators.
afrakes Posted January 25, 2016 Author Report Posted January 25, 2016 Awesome. Thank you. So looks like by that plot I will maximize my airflow right around 28-30 hz, which is what I'm shooting for Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
afrakes Posted January 26, 2016 Author Report Posted January 26, 2016 I'm assuming the higher line in the graph is 70 in^2, correct? Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Life is an Enigma Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 Awesome. Thank you. So looks like by that plot I will maximize my airflow right around 28-30 hz, which is what I'm shooting for I know this thread is over but what the Xmax of your woofer ? Did not think to ask you earlier. If it's not hart stopping it not real POWER
afrakes Posted January 26, 2016 Author Report Posted January 26, 2016 Awesome. Thank you. So looks like by that plot I will maximize my airflow right around 28-30 hz, which is what I'm shooting forI know this thread is over but what the Xmax of your woofer ? Did not think to ask you earlier. 30mm (one way) Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Joe X Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 I'm assuming the higher line in the graph is 70 in^2, correct? It's the lower one, larger area lower airspeed, in any case both are well below any limits.
afrakes Posted January 26, 2016 Author Report Posted January 26, 2016 I'm assuming the higher line in the graph is 70 in^2, correct? It's the lower one, larger area lower airspeed, in any case both are well below any limits. Ok, you have to excuse me because this is my first time seeing a graph like this. What exactly are you looking for/what is considered the "safe" range? I assume too much airspeed and the box will choke/whistle? And too little airspeed it would lose output? Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Joe X Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 Like 18-20 m/s is usually adequate, less than that will not gain you much output rather than have you loose it but the larger port means a larger heavier box.
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 Ok, you have to excuse me because this is my first time seeing a graph like this. What exactly are you looking for/what is considered the "safe" range? I assume too much airspeed and the box will choke/whistle? And too little airspeed it would lose output? There really isn't such a thing as "too little airspeed". High output doesn't come from higher port velocity. If your port velocity is really low, it just means your port is bigger than it needs to be, which wastes space. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.