Second Skin Audio

enclosure design (make a few $)

Port velocity certainly is important. Important that it is kept low.

I'm not trying to call anyone out on anything, but when I see port area intentionally undersized it makes me seriously question what that person is trying to do.

First rodeo with a Series-tuned 6th Order, eh?

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Why such low port area for the rear chamber?

to gain port velocity i beleave . everyone who ever tought about 6th order series tuned always said keep the rear port between 6-8 sq of port to 1 cu ft for the rear chamber.

maybe raptor man can get into detail of while

Some people even go as low as 3 per cube in the rear port area. And have great results. As much as I dislike port per cube, but it gives you an idea of how small.

It probably just goes against the fancy modeling gizmo software and NASA telemetry software that Triticum adheres to.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Port velocity certainly is important. Important that it is kept low.

I'm not trying to call anyone out on anything, but when I see port area intentionally undersized it makes me seriously question what that person is trying to do.

First rodeo with a Series-tuned 6th Order, eh?

No, its not.

You are right, I do use software and I'm hardly alone in that regard, but I've also built test boxes to see what's going on for myself. The software is only useful if you know how to interpret the results.

I know you design series-tuned boxes and folks seem to be happy with the results. I have nothing against what you have been doing. As long as people are happy that's all that matters. However just because people get good results doesn't mean things are perfect and can't be improved upon.

I think a large reason why some of these series-tuned 6th order designs work as well as they do is because there is so much air resistance through the rear chamber port that it might as well be sealed off and thus the box is functioning like a 4th order. An impedance sweep would tell us for sure whats going on with these bigger systems, but I'm yet to see anyone take the measurement.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I think a large reason why some of these series-tuned 6th order designs work as well as they do is because there is so much air resistance through the rear chamber port that it might as well be sealed off and thus the box is functioning like a 4th order.

I can't wait to build this 4th order in 2 weeks

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-26%20at%209.27.5

:peepwall:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Looks cool hdorre.

If you have access to an AMM-1 you could answer a lot of questions for us. Though it does look like you have a lot more rear chamber port area than 3-6 sq in per cube. Hard to tell from the picture though.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived