Sundown Audio

1600wrms @ 2ohm

Jman9112

The E series v2 are 2" aluminum coils.

Sundown's quality control isn't exactly the best from what I've seen. I've seen tons of threads talking about their Zv4's and X's either falling apart after a short period of time or arriving without the full surround actually being glued on. I've also recently saw one where the spider was falling apart right after a recone. It's funny though, cause the customer in those threads have full confidence in them because of the continuous customer support. It's nice to have good customer support, but it's even better when you never have to utilize it because the product is built properly the first time.

Sundown's quality control isn't exactly the best from what I've seen. I've seen tons of threads talking about their Zv4's and X's either falling apart after a short period of time or arriving without the full surround actually being glued on. I've also recently saw one where the spider was falling apart right after a recone. It's funny though, cause the customer in those threads have full confidence in them because of the continuous customer support. It's nice to have good customer support, but it's even better when you never have to utilize it because the product is built properly the first time.

Yeah the V2 where 2" (the current models that sell online and through dealers are the 2.5" V3).

Quality control isn't bad (for the X series and down they employee 3 people full time to inspect every single woofer before is ships). Most companies don't do that.

There was problems with the X series and when the problem was notice guess what happened ? They moved all assembly to the USA for the X series V2 and revised both the build house and design (that is a good move on there part). In the entire history of the company that was there biggest issues (spider/cone issue with the x v2) and they wasted no time fixing it

Point i'm trying to make is the entry level options from companies like american bass, soundqubed, and sundown will be vastly superior than the Soundstream R3 (they are medicore subwoofers, hence entry level subs from mid tier companies are vastly superior ).

No point is messing around with the R3 when you can replace them with a superior product and still be within your budget (I don't understand why this is so hard for him to understand)

Ah, I figured their website would have the latest information on their subwoofers. Seems we have to resort to things like Instagram for information on their latest stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/p/7iCe9kK5ad/

Since places that actually sell it do not clarify the coil size.

Didn't notice you had a 1k amp those already.

If your willing to pay a tad more and go up to 4 ohm this will blow any modern amp out of the water.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRECISION-POWER-PPI-PC21400-2-OLD-SKOOL-1400WRMS-2CH-AMP-USA-/321971745300?hash=item4af702f214:g:~GQAAOSwX~dWkbyj

EDIT: Class A/B have a much different sound to them when powering subs, and do not be deceived by the amount of power going to the subs as most old school amps are under rated.

What do you mean a/b class amps sound different? Purely curious thanks.

Yeah and no one has ever had a soundqubed driver break right?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

the sundown issues posted on here are old news.. thats one reason the better subs are now being made in the USA.. they have fixed every sub that had issues that same year they came in. RainStryke, if you would have posted that 2 years ago it would be legit but its no longer the truth.

Yeah and no one has ever had a soundqubed driver break right?

Both companies could be better. For SoundQubed, their quality control isn't exactly the best either. A co-worker of mine purchased two of their 2200.2's and both of them came with busted bass knobs. I've also seen a thread with the surround coming apart from the cone when receiving it no a HDC318.

the sundown issues posted on here are old news.. thats one reason the better subs are now being made in the USA.. they have fixed every sub that had issues that same year they came in. RainStryke, if you would have posted that 2 years ago it would be legit but its no longer the truth.

It could be because they are still clearing old stock from the last generation that had issues then, cause I still see bad QC posts.

Archived