For the vortec motors, what are some good upgrades to boost power output? Relatively cheap. I did the throttle blade mod, so it responds quicker but I don't think it was any quantifiable power increase.

If you're talking about the 4.3 nothing about making power on one is cheap which is kind of odd because it's a great motor even though they have some issues.

Heads, cam, exhaust, and tune could get you over 300hp but it's gonna cost you.

Really how cost prohibitive it is and the limited options is why people v8 swap.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I just want a vortec 5.7 and do some simple shit to it. I don't want an ls for the simple fact that it wasn't designed for my truck. I want stock gauges, and if I buy a part at orielys I wanna know that it'll fit my truck.

you could still get parts from orielleys and just use a tablet and torque for the gauges

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

For the vortec motors, what are some good upgrades to boost power output? Relatively cheap. I did the throttle blade mod, so it responds quicker but I don't think it was any quantifiable power increase.

If you're talking about the 4.3 nothing about making power on one is cheap which is kind of odd because it's a great motor even though they have some issues.

Heads, cam, exhaust, and tune could get you over 300hp but it's gonna cost you.

Really how cost prohibitive it is and the limited options is why people v8 swap.

Thats what this thread is based on. How hard it is to swap 4.3 to 5.7.. The power question is based on when I swap, the easy upgrades to a 5.7

Ballin' on a budget.

Archived