2012 Toyota 4Runner SQ+ build

I have that 3 way set on an MS-8 as well be careful my MS-8 randomly decided to blow up a tweeter you can not get replacements from PPI/Soundstream

but a decent 3 way indeed I had to cross the MID-BASS fairly high they give good midbass but can't take much power before bottoming out unless I crossed them over in 120+ hz range

I will be using the crossovers on the amp for the mid range / tweeter so hopefully I'll be okay on the tweeter. I'm following the advice of Ed Rice on the setup with them. He won the IASCA triple crown using this component set last year and the same 900.4 amp on the mid range / tweeter.

then what is the MS 8 for?

just time alignment? you have to set xover points on the MS8 at start up as well

Unfortunately I need one more channel than the MS-8 has.

Channels 1/2 - mid bass

Channels 3/4 - mid range and tweeters

Channels 5/6 - rear fill (using internal amp in the MS-8 )

Channel 7 - subs

rear fill is absolutely not needed I would use those channels for the 3 way set IMO.... But if that is what you want go for it

I am/was a MECA SQ judge... I have judged more then 1 world champs car no rearfill its more for the people in the back but the PPI 3 way has enough output to appease the people in the back.. When it comes to judging rear fill turns into a lot of work to get right with little or no return for SQ judging in MOST cases it hurts scores nothing like the music track pulling to the back of the car when you are trying to keep everything coming at you in terms of sound

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

rear fill is absolutely not needed I would use those channels for the 3 way set IMO.... But if that is what you want go for it

I am/was a MECA SQ judge... I have judged more then 1 world champs car no rearfill its more for the people in the back but the PPI 3 way has enough output to appease the people in the back.. When it comes to judging rear fill turns into a lot of work to get right with little or no return for SQ judging in MOST cases it hurts scores nothing like the music track pulling to the back of the car when you are trying to keep everything coming at you in terms of sound

This is what I was going to say but didn't wat to ruffle any feathers. I don't have rear speakers in any of my vehicles

AA109079-7371-4F42-96DE-2CFC3B615F77_zps

Not to pick anything apart, but why did you use different sized wire to go from the block to the fuse blocks?

Otherwise it looks good.

I know for some people, we want rear fill to satisfy our other passengers, kids, etc. I know for me, I want ot be able to turn up the sound so they can hear it, but not be blasting me out of the front seat. A bit exaggerated but you get the idea.

Keep up the good work, I'm enjoying this one.

AA109079-7371-4F42-96DE-2CFC3B615F77_zps

Not to pick anything apart, but why did you use different sized wire to go from the block to the fuse blocks?

Otherwise it looks good.

I know for some people, we want rear fill to satisfy our other passengers, kids, etc. I know for me, I want ot be able to turn up the sound so they can hear it, but not be blasting me out of the front seat. A bit exaggerated but you get the idea.

Keep up the good work, I'm enjoying this one.

Nitpick away, I'm new to this.

The hexagon distribution block has two 1/0 holes, two 4 gauge holes, and two 8 gauge holes.

1 1/0 goes to battery at front of car.

1 1/0 goes to P1000.1 amp

So, now both 1/0's are used. The 4 gauge will provide power to a P900.4 and a P600.2, both at 4 ohms per channel and a JBL MS-8.

Just to clarify on the fusing.

From top to bottom.

JBL MS-8

Miscellaneous including neons and temp controller. These will also have inline fuses.

P600.2

P900.4

The ANL fuse is for the P1000.1 amp.

Archived