2012 Toyota 4Runner SQ+ build

how are you liking those components? anything you dont like? i have a coupe friends asking me about them but i have never heard them before. they are interesting as there are not many options for 3-way components.

I have the same set they are awesome for the price like stated earlier Ed Rice has won a championship with this 3 way set

there are some draw backs I am not a huge fan of the Mid-Bass in this set but diffidently gets the job done

what do you not like about the mid-bass driver? i have heard that they are normally wired out of phase. is phasing an issue or no? please explain. thanks for your input. how do you like the tweeter?

how are you liking those components? anything you dont like? i have a coupe friends asking me about them but i have never heard them before. they are interesting as there are not many options for 3-way components.

I have the same set they are awesome for the price like stated earlier Ed Rice has won a championship with this 3 way set

there are some draw backs I am not a huge fan of the Mid-Bass in this set but diffidently gets the job done

what do you not like about the mid-bass driver? i have heard that they are normally wired out of phase. is phasing an issue or no? please explain. thanks for your input. how do you like the tweeter?

I don't dislike them at all, I've just been told that once they break in for a couple of weeks that they really improve. I was told this by Ed Rice so I trust him on it.

not much impact you have to x over them high 100hz or more if not they will bottom out with very little power

not sure if its the martial the cone is made out of but the tonality to me is a little off

PS unless you are a big SQ nut like me this will not bother nor would a casual even hear what I am talking about

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

a good bit of tunning with an MS-8????????

please explain

looks good may I suggest fixing the 3 inch speaker mount with like a quarter inch baffle or something that it is not floating in space you want to treat that like a MID

a nice mounting surface and even a tiny encloser if possible... it will help with overall performance

I ordered some insulation to place behind the 2.5's and some foam to put around them. Those items should be here before the weekend.

My center is about 6 - 8" from center of the dash. Also my curve needs a lot of work. The MS-8 gets it in the ball park but there is still work to do. I included a picture of the curve that the MS-8 produced. It is far from where I need to be.

Your center on the MS-8 will change with the slightest of head position I suggest trying different head positions when running the level adjustments.. the part were it tell yous you look forward driver mirror and so on.... changing your X-over points and slopes will change the center on MS-8 as well

that was a bit frustrating with something that has an "auto-tune" I had to run the test a bunch of times to find a happy medium with the x over points and head position

I have dead nuts center now...

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I managed to get a couple of little jobs done today. I wired up the SMD temperature gauge / fan controller. I also wired up the led's.

I placed the temperature sensor near the P1000.1 amp.

0A2887E0-8F41-498A-AC45-F96709E03758_zps

I also cleaned up the wiring up some in the amp rack.

1F0D960C-3EB3-4DE4-8761-07DA5DE7F232_zps

CBE3EE8C-81B5-491A-8B84-D5DAC01DEE76_zps

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

The weather was perfect today so I took advantage of it and got some work done.

First job was the front fuse. Nothing fancy, just a Skyhigh ANL fuse holder.

547D3BD2-A38E-4B85-8259-A8F7687C659A_zps

Next was getting the steering wheel controls working. It took me almost an hour to realize that the "remote" was turned off in the head unit. Great way to waste time.

Anyway, these are working.

8E62FAD0-CC20-4DAA-9410-17517D4B9997_zps

These aren't. :(

75C803D7-8F08-462B-B6C2-2058A7225515_zps

After that I finished up hiding the power wire. Next I replaced the old scrap speaker wire that I used last week when I ran out of the purple / black Skyhigh wire. I also ran the wire to place the MS-8 controller in the glove box. I didn't mount it, just placed it in there for now. None of this seemed picture worthy so I won't bore you.

Next job was straightening up the wiring some. Believe it or not this is an improvement.

AC1B76E5-8906-426D-BAF3-677FE9263C3F_zps

The final job for the day was work on some more cover panels. I was able to get them cut out and covered, I haven't figured out how to mount them yet. I went with carpet on these pieces, seemed to make sense to me for some reason. I still have one more piece to do. It's only 3" x 53". The problem is that I don't have a 54" board. Crap!

1ECBFE94-3F5D-414A-B7A3-C5F057192577_zps

5F63D80F-5C52-4652-A7CD-42298BFFEAFC_zps

B1569B32-ED19-43B6-9B1A-38E0925C6E94_zps

8B6E1150-ED52-46A4-BBB9-87E9BC212EB7_zps

Welp, that's it for this weekend. Now I'll work on tuning it in the evenings then get back to work on it Friday, clean it up Saturday, then first show on Sunday.

Archived