Second Skin Audio

Enclosure calculation spreadsheet

Ive been working on a spreadsheet for calculating subwoofer enclosures. The reason im doing this is that no matter what i use, there are always certain variables that i would like considered that no software can seem to offer me, unless im just missing the functionality somehow.

My spreadsheet has several cool features, one of which is my main purpose in doing this.

Ive added the feature of calculating harmonic resonances of the cabin and of the box itself, independant of port tuning. Ive added the ability to compensate the resonances based on the affects of barometric pressure, temperature, and humidity. Using a script based calculator to figure speed of sound based on a calculated figure relative to my region, but easily changed for others regions. So far, it seems to work well.

Hoping a couple of the other knowledgeable guys here could chime in and give me your thoughts on this.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Good stuff! Would cabin volume be covered by cabin resonance? How about altitude?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Good stuff! Would cabin volume be covered by cabin resonance? How about altitude?

Speed of sound is entered based on a calculation from elevation, barometric pressure, humidity, and temperature. This sheet outputs calculated resonances at 4 different harmonic wavelengths.

While these are not used against an end result calculated into the design by the spreadsheet, it is useful for a guideline in the enclosure resonances and cabin resonance. Getting these figures closer together help keep peak frequency closer to tuned frequency, helps to reduce impedance rise, and therefore helps to better use the available cabin gain.

While this sheet is somewhat simple and i put it in a similar ballpark as torres (uses the same basic formula to calculate the port tuning) it corrects some of the problems torres has in miscalculating certain parameters.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived